The Student Room Group

help please im worried and confused :/

Hi im currently working but I have applied at 2 colleges to start access to higher education science courses, as il be 24 and have never done a level 3 course I dont think il have to pay course fees but im worried about living costs, I live with my mum but have to pay her board, she cannot afford to keep me if I dont. My current employer is not going to be helpful with flexible hours so i think il have to leave to start college full time. I suffer from mental difficulties but am not sure if it classes as a disability but would have to ask my psychiatrist. Sorry im rambling a little I was really just looking for some advice. :colondollar:
well now , there are some part time access to higher ed. science courses that may give you enough tme to continue with your job, if you check them out on the interent. It's hard to get free money these days, unless you can appeal for a grant .
Hi try going to cab or jobcentre they might be able to help in terms of what you are entitled to. Check with your college if there are any bursaries. Hope your situation gets better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Try using a time table it could help
Reply 4
Because of your age you will be able to apply for a 24+ loan provided you earn less than 21k. My access course is only over 2 days so you really need to wait until you have your timetable so you know what you're working with. although it's not ideal, because I have sufficient time to look for work I can claim JSA, although with your mental health it may be worthwhile seeing if you're eligible for disability living allowance, again it's not the best situation but it means you can give your mum something until you can find part time work. Unfortunately there is very little in the way of funds for mature college students so if the above is unsuitable and your mum can't afford to help until you find work again your only option is to put off education until you're in a more convenient situation. Try contacting the college you're planning on studying at and see if they can enlighten you on what kind of timetable you'll be looking at. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending