The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Moodle content from other courses

Hi I'm doing 2nd year physics and I'm thinking about doing some CompSci modules next year.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the CompSci modules put everything on moodle too like lecture slides, workshops etc and if so if we can access it so I can get my foot in?
Reply 1
Original post by DJayLuigi
Hi I'm doing 2nd year physics and I'm thinking about doing some CompSci modules next year.

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the CompSci modules put everything on moodle too like lecture slides, workshops etc and if so if we can access it so I can get my foot in?

With the exception of a couple of module convenors who have their own web page, yep, it's all on Moodle.

Nope, you can't access Moodle without a student account. Although if you give us an idea of anything you're particularly interested in, we can point you towards useful online resources which will relate well to the course :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi thanks for the reply. Just to reiterate I have a student account I study physics here and user moodle.
Reply 3
Original post by DJayLuigi
Hi thanks for the reply. Just to reiterate I have a student account I study physics here and user moodle.

Ah, the answer is now 'maybe'.

If you login to Moodle, then go to this page: http://moodle.nottingham.ac.uk/?redirect=0, you can search for modules (e.g. G53SQM for Software Quality Management). Some of the modules will allow guest access or self-enrollment, in which case, you can view the modules. Otherwise, sadly not. I've found that more of the 2013-12 copies of modules have guest or self-enrollment than this year's; not sure why.

I did suggest to IS last year that all modules be viewable by all staff and students, regardless of school, department, or course. They say there's a technical reason why not at the moment but it's something they're looking at for the future.
Reply 4
OK awesome thanks for the reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending