do u think scrapping further maths for dance is a good thing Watch

This discussion is closed.
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
my school is scraping f maths just to put dance in the course . i think thats sad cos there are lot of good students who wanna do maths and a level maths isnt challenging for them . i for one wanted to drop f maths for music, but i went to one of the lesson anyway just to see what its like and i never left!
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
whats the difference between maths a level and further maths???

but i think its a stoopid idea. if they want to do dance seriously they should go to a dance acadamy. and if its just for something to do, take lessons in a sports centre or someting!!!

love Katy ***
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Further maths is V Hard, and maybe they dont want to affect there grade's as a college, because most people fail further maths. I was thinking about taking it, but 9 hours of maths + 6 hours of homework a week was a bit more than even i could stand.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
try matrix
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but i was having at least 8.5 hours of maths a week doing a level maths , and that was just the timetabled lessons, let alone all the hours of homework we had to put in???

love Katy ***
Petrozzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I originally thought this was a joke, and then I thought what a stupid idea and then Iluvatar's point was spot on.

Erm Further Maths is heavy stuff and only really useful for those who are rather able at Maths. Take a look at your schools previous results for this subject, it may offer some insight as to why they're changing.

Regards,
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (199)
12.7%
Excited (136)
8.68%
Worried (287)
18.32%
Terrified (355)
22.65%
Meh (136)
8.68%
Confused (35)
2.23%