The Student Room Group

should I accept my offer? HELP!!

Today I received an unconditional offer to study Psychology and criminology. I'm really happy but part of me really wants to become a nurse! Should I accept and then see if I can change once I'm there? Or should I just do an access course to nursing and reapply!! So confused all my other offers were rejected! Help help!!
Reply 1
Psychology and nursing, as you probably know, are massively different, not least that psychology is an academic discipline and nursing is an applied subject.

If you are absolutely, 100%, want - to-do-nursing-to-your-dying- breath, then it may be interesting doing psych first, but obviously not essential.

Personally, I would not want to risk my future on persuading the university to let me change... Also it seems that nursing courses are competitive, others on here will know better than me.

My main question would be-what would happen if you started a degree and couldn't change over?? Would you continue with psych or drop out?

Psychology is a demanding subject at undergraduate level- how motivated would you be?

What are the cost implications of switching, or doing two degrees?

Do an online search for some of the career quizzes-the UK based ones. I'd look at-and see if these will help you focusing down on what is important for you!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Latest