the ultimate mobile phone thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
Ye sorry it is the 7650 - got numebr mixed up. The phone is a little big really i agree.

(sorry to put this but i keep on trumping for some reason?!?! iTs doing my head in, whats up with me??)
i did have that one. big and ugly! got a 6600 now, which is almost as large and almost as ugly. (fifi hates them but its the best phone ive had )
amexblack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
So mobile phones use some kind of infrared transmission rather than radio frequencies?

Infrared, radio, X-Ray, visible light are all forms of electromagnetic radiation. Sound waves are variations in densities of air, produced, for example, by the vibrating part of a speaker (which, confusingly, is driven by an electromagnet!!). Sound is not EMR (although they can both be thought of in terms of waves)
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
i did have that one. big and ugly! got a 6600 now, which is almost as large and almost as ugly. (fifi hates them but its the best phone ive had )
oh ye i've the 6600, looks alrite.. is it?oh and who's fifi??
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
[QUOTE=amexblack]Infrared, radio, X-Ray, visible light are all forms of electromagnetic radiation.QUOTE]
They are in the wave spetrum - wow i actally understand waht your saying!! (sorry but normalyl when someone talks about physics or science it goes stright over my head!ha) Radio has the longes wave length and x rays just before gamma rays so they have short wave lengths - see that!! lol
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Tribi18)
oh ye i've the 6600, looks alrite.. is it?oh and who's fifi??
you can put entire films (downloaded) onto it (if you get a bigger memory card). i have an episode of family guy on the memory card that comes with it that i watch on the loo hehe.

fifi is the mobilephone "expert" she works for a phone shop (she doesn't know that 6600's can play mp3s though so i don't trust her much )
amexblack
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
you can put entire films (downloaded) onto it (if you get a bigger memory card). i have an episode of family guy on the memory card that comes with it that i watch on the loo hehe.

fifi is the mobilephone "expert" she works for a phone shop (she doesn't know that 6600's can play mp3s though so i don't trust her much )
The 6600 has real player, right? Have you used it to watch streamed videos over GSM GPRS?

My phone, the 7600, has a streaming media player (compatible with Real, though not branded) and it works well - I can watch ITN news, football highlights, monty python... but it will only work when I'm in a 3G zone ... I was wondering how well the 6600 worked, which isn't 3G.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amexblack)
The 6600 has real player, right? Have you used it to watch streamed videos over GSM GPRS?

My phone, the 7600, has a streaming media player (compatible with Real, though not branded) and it works well - I can watch ITN news, football highlights, monty python... but it will only work when I'm in a 3G zone ... I was wondering how well the 6600 worked, which isn't 3G.
i don't use gprs coz im a cheapskate i get free wap in my contract so stick to that! i dont think i can actually use gprs without losing my contract actually, im not allowed to send MMS either

i dont want to lose my contract tho (600 txts a month, 50 off peak minutes to landlines/o2 mobiles a day, and free wap for £20 a month). i can do without gprs and mms!

i can watch videos on it at great quality if i copy them from a pc tho, mp3s sound a bit crap thats the only downfall. its meant to be better with headphones but i don't have any of them for the phone yet.
fifi53
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

been through this before...6600 does play mp3, but badly... theyre not really allowed to market it as having mp3. my main gripe with it is the bugs in it that mean when you get texts it doesnt always recognise who theyre from and things like that. i reckon the 6600s they make in the next few months mightnt have these problems, fingers crossed. at work we send back hundreds (literally) to nokia cos they dont work, nokia even recalled an entire batch of tens of thousands, and i dont think they can afford any more of that!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fifi53)
been through this before...6600 does play mp3, but badly... theyre not really allowed to market it as having mp3. my main gripe with it is the bugs in it that mean when you get texts it doesnt always recognise who theyre from and things like that. i reckon the 6600s they make in the next few months mightnt have these problems, fingers crossed. at work we send back hundreds (literally) to nokia cos they dont work, nokia even recalled an entire batch of tens of thousands, and i dont think they can afford any more of that!
guess i got lucky.

and do i need to prove i am being harrassed (and how do i do this) to change my number or can i just say im being harrassed and they'll do it?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ive got my 6230 arriving 2mrw
fifi53
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
6230... ooh, now one of those i would most definately like (is my birthday at the weekend too, so if anyones feeling like getting me somethign flash...)
re- changing number. think you just need to be able to say a few dates and times so they can check it up on their computer. theyre not going to make a big fuss about it though, theyll just want to check its real... if they do make a fuss, say youve read up on the act (dont actually have to or anything) and you know your rights... either that or sounds really upset.
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
6230... ooh, now one of those i would most definately like (is my birthday at the weekend too, so if anyones feeling like getting me somethign flash...)
re- changing number. think you just need to be able to say a few dates and times so they can check it up on their computer. theyre not going to make a big fuss about it though, theyll just want to check its real... if they do make a fuss, say youve read up on the act (dont actually have to or anything) and you know your rights... either that or sounds really upset.
thank you fifi! x
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (167)
19.15%
Labour (445)
51.03%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.42%
Green Party (49)
5.62%
Brexit Party (13)
1.49%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.72%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)