emilymjig
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm pretty good at Spanish but can't think of anything to write for the first paragraph :confused:

Task is writing an article for school magazine on health
My first paragraph needs to be 'Say if your lifestyle is healthy or not

Any bright ideas or A* phrases? I need to get an A

Thanks
kathrynrose
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ah! The tag is GCSEs, sorry! Ok, so I would mention some things like what you eat, how much exercise you do, and how much you sleep. I'm doing Spanish AS level, and these are some basic phrases which we use which should be perfect for GCSE!

'Cuando tengo hambre, intento a comer fruta o frutas secos en lugar de pasteles y dulces ya que no quiero engordar'
'Evito las bebidas gaseosas como resultado de la cantidad de azúcar que contienen. No deseo arruinar mis dientes.'
'Cuando es posible, corro con mis amigos en el parque cerca de mi casa, y los fines de semana, siempre paseo con mis perros en el bosque. Sin duda, es una manera fácil para mantener en forma y relajarse.'
'Si puedo, duermo durante ocho horas por noche, aunque a veces, es difícil mantener este régimen.'

I would also try to use other higher level phrases, such as 'diría que' (I would say that...), 'no obstante' or 'sin embargo' (however), 'en resumen' (in short), 'por eso' or 'por lo tanto' (therefore), and 'por consiguiente' (consequently).

I hope that helps! :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads