summer5991
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am study for my level two anatomy and physiology exam and nothing i seem to do is helping the information go in. I have tried reading books, music, quizzes, flashcards, ect and nothing is helping.

Has anyone got any idea on how i can pass?
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by summer5991)
I am study for my level two anatomy and physiology exam and nothing i seem to do is helping the information go in. I have tried reading books, music, quizzes, flashcards, ect and nothing is helping.

Well, firstly you need to focus on understanding it, not letting it in. Anatomy can be a bit of a toughy, but if you first grasp it, then try to learn it, it will be easier. And it would be indefinitely better if, instead of using prepared flashcards, you prepare your own flashcards for anatomy. Also, try mnemonics for anatomy. As far as physiology is concerned, that depends mostly on your understanding of the whole framework of human physiology. If you learn about, say, renal compensation (skip this if you haven't heard the name before) try understanding what are the long term effects of this process on the whole body's physiology.
Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by summer5991)

How about labelled diagrams of the organs and parts of the body or something like that. If you got a friend, you could make them dress in plain old clothes, and then you could selotape the various organs and parts of the body to their clothes in the right place. Maybe try making it more interesting so that the information goes in. But it depends on how you learn. If you learn visually that would help, but maybe try documentaries and things as well. There's loads of good ones out there.
Hype en Ecosse
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tilly-Elizabeth)
How about labelled diagrams of the organs and parts of the body or something like that. If you got a friend, you could make them dress in plain old clothes, and then you could selotape the various organs and parts of the body to their clothes in the right place. Maybe try making it more interesting so that the information goes in. But it depends on how you learn. If you learn visually that would help, but maybe try documentaries and things as well. There's loads of good ones out there.
I think her level of anatomy is going to be a bit more complicated than "where are your organs".
Dynamo123
  • Study Helper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
I think her level of anatomy is going to be a bit more complicated than "where are your organs".
in a composite course, its way easier, compared to studying the bronchopulmonary segments and subsegments of the left lung.
Tillybop
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
If she annotated them though with all the right details though then it would be more to her level though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (151)
14.44%
I'm not sure (46)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.83%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.76%

Watched Threads