The Student Room Group

Cutting all contact

Someone that meant a lot to me cut all contact, I've given it some time and would quite like to rekindle an old flame? Opinions? :tongue:
Why did they cut contact?
Reply 2
Original post by phunky_fresh
Why did they cut contact?

Feelings were too strong; emotionally attached
Your feelings or theirs?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Ayesha1234
Your feelings or theirs?

Theirs
Original post by Anonymous
Theirs

What was their reason for repressing their strong feelings for you?
Reply 6
What was their reason for repressing their strong feelings for you?

It was complicated and we couldn't act on those feelings
Feelings were too strong; emotionally attached

Ok ... So you were both interested in each other romantically? And they ran in the other direction because?..
Reply 8
Original post by phunky_fresh
Ok ... So you were both interested in each other romantically? And they ran in the other direction because?..

I liked him yes, but not enough to commit to anything
It was complicated and we couldn't act on those feelings

It seems like a no brainer, can you guys act on those feelings now?
Reply 10
It seems like a no brainer, can you guys act on those feelings now?

Make sure you didn't unintentionally hurt them or mess them around, (especially as you cut them off, that's probably got to hurt a bit)... From personal experience, I cut off somebody completely as they were giving me so many mixed signals and leading me on and I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm just completely over the whole thing, so the thought of him popping back up would really really annoy me.
Reply 11
Original post by alice269
Make sure you didn't unintentionally hurt them or mess them around, (especially as you cut them off, that's probably got to hurt a bit)... From personal experience, I cut off somebody completely as they were giving me so many mixed signals and leading me on and I just couldn't take it anymore. Now I'm just completely over the whole thing, so the thought of him popping back up would really really annoy me.

They cut me off :colondollar:
Reply 12
They cut me off :colondollar:

I'd leave it and move on, cutting off is people's way of moving onwards and upwards, they won't want you to drag it all back down again no offence
FFS let them move on, you miss the attention but someones feelings are at stake here. Jeez.
Reply 14

What does that even mean?
I wouldn't even go there. It was obviously too painful for them to stick around. Sometimes it's best to leave it. What are you expecting from this person now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending