Turn on thread page Beta

AS Edexcel Geography UNIT 1&2 - May 2014 Exams - HELP watch

ReputationRep:
    So, the exams are in 6-7 weeks and i'm still confused with case studies (especially for unit 2). could anyone please any full case studies they know or have done in class:

For unit 1: -Philippines -California -Africa -Arctic -Spain and UK (migration) -Megacities (MEDCs and LEDCs)

For unit 2: -Blackpool -Lulworth Cove -Bournemouth/Boscombe -Southampton Waters -Holderness -Thames estuary -Abbott Hall Farm
    Field work: -Walton-on-the-Naze

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Im guessing you are doing Population, health, rivers and coasts? I too am doing this, I found a great website :
    http://geographyas.info/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knibbsy_14)
    Hello, Im guessing you are doing Population, health, rivers and coasts? I too am doing this, I found a great website :
    http://geographyas.info/
    Great site. Do you if you can info in rebranding etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty)
    Great site. Do you if you can info in rebranding etc.

Huh? Rebranding?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am doing crowded coasts and rebranding.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2281066
    this could be helpful. im doing the same, good luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I am doing crowded coasts and rebranding.
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsc123)
    this could be helpful. im doing the same, good luck xxx
    Many thanks. I also found them. You haven't by any chance found any good notes on Unit 1 - Global challenges and hazards?

ReputationRep:
    i have case study's for unit 2 but for unit 1 i feel like i have a lack of case study's for the hazards side can someone send a link or some help please?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    http://geographyalevelslc.wordpress.com/ this is a good website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TAPTUT)
    i have case study's for unit 2 but for unit 1 i feel like i have a lack of case study's for the hazards side can someone send a link or some help please?:confused:
    can i have your unit 2 case studies?

ReputationRep:
    for coasts:
    holderness
    coastalisation in florida
    spurn head
    chesil beach
    lyme bay(exeter coastline)
    st lucia
    south hampton(dibden bay)
    boscombe bay
    studland bay
    bervie bay
    pevensey bay
    indain sunderbans
    thames barrier
    aceh province indonisa
    east yorkshire coastline
    abbots farm
    north Norfolk coast

ReputationRep:
    How is the revision going? Less than a week before the first exam! Am so worried. Any ideas of what the questions going to be??

ReputationRep:
    How is the revision going? Less than a week before the first exam! Am so worried. Any ideas of what the questions going to be??
    Hey, I am bricking it D: im literally just revising case studies, i know most of the theory stuff as it isnt too different from GCSE. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am bricking it D: im literally just revising case studies, i know most of the theory stuff as it isnt too different from GCSE. How about you?
    Yes trying to learn the case studies as thoroughly as poss. I think am stressing as also got Econs next week. Unit 2 should be ok its unit 1 which is a pain.

ReputationRep:
    Yes trying to learn the case studies as thoroughly as poss. I think am stressing as also got Econs next week. Unit 2 should be ok its unit 1 which is a pain.
    Haha welcome to the economics boat, unit 1 economics isn't so bad it's the long answer and unit 2 is pretty hard but that's not for another 2 weeks so I'm not focusing revision on it until I've finished geography

ReputationRep:
    Haha welcome to the economics boat, unit 1 economics isn't so bad it's the long answer and unit 2 is pretty hard but that's not for another 2 weeks so I'm not focusing revision on it until I've finished geography
    Got Economics on Tuesday next week which I am dreading. Don't mind Makro too much. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Got Economics on Tuesday next week which I am dreading. Don't mind Makro too much. Good Luck.
    Yeah same unit 1 is on tuesday and unit 2 the following week. I done a mock recently and got 1 off a B without revising, quite happy with that. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm not dreading Economics unit 1 as much as this aswell guys. Lol I dont know why im so nervous for this exam... Everything I learn doesn't come up or they ask the questions so weirdly I have no clue what they're on about :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    I'm not dreading Economics unit 1 as much as this aswell guys. Lol I dont know why im so nervous for this exam... Everything I learn doesn't come up or they ask the questions so weirdly I have no clue what they're on about :'(
    I agree. I think I panic so much I misread things and don't always answer the questions properly. I hate exams!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.