The Student Room Group

Just got rejected by Cambridge Trust Scholarship :( Shall I argue?

Hey guys. I got an offer from Queens' College Cambridge for NatSci this January; since I took IB exams in November my conditions are fulfilled. I applied for Cambridge Overseas Trust but just got rejected yesterday (well I don't think it was an April Fool's joke).

I'm not UK/EU; so I have to pay the international rate. Actually my family is not wealthy and we're spending all of our savings to pay for my studies at Cambridge. Don't understand why I got rejected :frown: Perhaps they saw I can afford to pay? But that's almost everything I have. I have heard some applicants received the scholarship through arguing after being rejected initially. Anyone have ideas what I shall do? Many thanks!

(PS My IB studies were based on a full scholarship also. Can't afford IB without it)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by snowrabbit
Hey guys. I got an offer from Queens' College Cambridge for NatSci this January; since I took IB exams in November my conditions are fulfilled. I applied for Cambridge Overseas Trust but just got rejected yesterday (well I don't think it was an April Fool's joke).

I'm not UK/EU; so I have to pay the international rate. Actually my family is not wealthy and we're spending all of our savings to pay for my studies at Cambridge. Don't understand why I got rejected :frown: Perhaps they saw I can afford to pay? But that's almost everything I have. I have heard some applicants received the scholarship through arguing after being rejected initially. Anyone have ideas what I shall do? Many thanks!

(PS My IB studies were based on a full scholarship also. Can't afford IB without it)

Hey mate, Im also a Queens offer holder and international for medicine. Ive also taken my exams in November and have also met my offer. May I ask on a side question have they updated your track to unconditional or is it still conditional?

Personally I think you should contact them again and discuss about your situation, afterall you have nothing to lose.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Bomb
Hey mate, Im also a Queens offer holder and international for medicine. Ive also taken my exams in November and have also met my offer. May I ask on a side question have they updated your track to unconditional or is it still conditional?

Personally I think you should contact them again and discuss about your situation, afterall you have nothing to lose.

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I guess I shall argue. Are you also an IB-er?:wink: Has the college asked you to submit your grades? I guess they would confirm you place after your results are submitted and that they see you have met the conditions. I have emailed the admission office earlier, and they say they accept results now. Perhaps we can just submit the transcript through IBO (if you are an IB-er also). One problem is that Queens' College is not on IBO's list but Cambridge is. I have also asked the admission office where to send it but haven't received reply yet. Maybe they're too busy:biggrin:.

Well done! See you on the Mathematical Bridge in October:smile:
Hi there! I find myself in the same situation this year. May I know how did you appeal to the Trust to reevaluate its decision? Many Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest