The Student Room Group

eBay supplements: What is your take on them?

Why are so many people against buying eBay supplements?
I mean, if they do the job, are much cheaper,
but are just not in fancy packaging
and have a brand name, then what is the issue with taking them?

I do admit that I am naive in this field so would really like to
understand why I should not consider eBay supplement

Appreciate the help
Reply 1
There is nothing wrong with buying supplements off ebay. The cheap whey/mass gainers tend to be filled with sugars and fats, so be aware of this and always check the nutritional value of the product before purchasing.
There are some good cheap whey protein on ebay, that aren't filled with fats and sugars. Note these tend to be blends. There is nothing bad about them, they're just a combination of the four main protein types.

I personal would only purchase whey, creatine, fish oil, multivitamins, iron supps. The rest are just a waste of money, usually same old product redesigned. Example of a pointless waste of a supp would be http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anabolic-Anabol-Hardcore-Bodybuilding-Supplement-Extreme-Muscle-Growth-180-Caps-/271437194908?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3f32eae69c

and

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Animal-Cuts-42-Pack-Fat-Burning-Supplement-/161263773337?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item258c11e699
Why would anybody buy supplements other than whey anyway?
Original post by Universityofme
Why would anybody buy supplements other than whey anyway?

Oatz and fish oil.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ROONEY-9-MUTD
x

Multivitamins and Iron supplements are also a waste of money unless you have a specific medical condition resulting in a deficiency, or are on a very very poor diet - a standard diet should get you more than enough of both of these :yy:
Reply 5
lol srs? no common sense?
Reply 6
Because people are dumb.

I buy mass gainer from eBay.
Reply 7
There are quite a few things you can only really get by supplementing nowadays. Magnesium, B12 for veggies etc. What you need to consider first is what you're getting, then where you're getting it. Most gym supplements aren't worth the £ though.
Reply 8
As long as they are from a legit company and come fully sealed then I can't see a problem.

I'd be wary of anything that is a lot cheaper than shops...
Reply 9
Original post by Rugby234
As long as they are from a legit company and come fully sealed then I can't see a problem.

I'd be wary of anything that is a lot cheaper than shops...

Not sure if your srs. It is the norm for goods to be cheaper to purchase from an online retailer nowadays, it doesn't take a genius to understand why.
I buy multivitamins and fish oil caps from eBay. Very basic packaging and no fancy brand name = cheaper than chips. Definitely get a more "lubricated" feeling in my joints with the fish oil.

Quick Reply

Latest