War of the Roses question guessing? Anyone know what came up Jan 2014 Watch

zimbo97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I notice foreign policy hasn't come up since Jan 2009, and if it didn't come up in Jan of this year then I would hazard a guess it will in May.
Does anyone know what did come up earlier this year?
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
bazinga123!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There was no January exam this year. January exams have now stopped
moon.fly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think there could be a question on the period fighting 1455-61 relating to why York won or Lancaster lost.
This hasn't come up since january 2012 "Why was the Lancastrian monarchy unable to withstand the challenges it faced from the Yorkists in the years 1455-61" and june 2011 "To what extent were Henry VI and Margearet of Anjou responsible for Lancastrian failures in the years 155-61"

Questions about the cause of the outbreak of fighting in 1455 have been very popular in recent years, but if it does come up again I think they might focus on Margaret of Anjou's role as this is in the specification but has not been used yet. Other focuses which haven't been used for a number of years are the impact of defeats in France and the ambitions of Richard, Duke of York

Richard III was in last years paper but there has not been a question fully focused on his reign since jan2012 so this seems like another possibility

However having said this examiners are very unpredictable and anything really could come up! I'm just so glad we have a choice of two questions
zimbo97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by moon.fly)
Anyone doing Henry VII have any good guesses?
Cant accurately say what will come up, but I am confident that foreign policy will not. In the last two sets of exams it has come up 3 times or so.
lalalalisha
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zimbo97)
Cant accurately say what will come up, but I am confident that foreign policy will not. In the last two sets of exams it has come up 3 times or so.
oh no! i thought it would be foreign policy because it almost always comes up i think there was only once it didnt, i really hope yorkist rebellions come up too
tom the student
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Based on the questions that have already come up and last year's (Jan/June) I have some predictions:

Henry VI - most likely unrest in period 1450-61
Richard III - there isn't that much they can ask on him but I reckon why he lost his throne
Henry VII - unlikely to be foreign policy came up in both 2013 papers, most likely Yorkist threat/rebellions

that's what I/ my school think anyway.

This is for the OCR History A paper F961
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (69)
7.97%
I used to but I don't now (24)
2.77%