The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

What accommodation is best for me at Bristol University?

I've just accepted my offer to read dentistry at Bristol and I am wondering which halls would be best. I am looking for an en suite - but cost is a big deciding factor!
Ideally there would be a good balance between the social side of things and having the peace and quiet to study.
Any suggestions?

Thank you :smile:
Original post by Liz_319
I've just accepted my offer to read dentistry at Bristol and I am wondering which halls would be best. I am looking for an en suite - but cost is a big deciding factor!
Ideally there would be a good balance between the social side of things and having the peace and quiet to study.
Any suggestions?

Do you really need an en suite? If accommodation costs are really important to you, you can save by going for a room with a basin - pretty handy if you need to brush quickly etc. Sharing a bathroom is not bad, you never have to wait for the showers, they get cleaned and you get a bigger room. :smile:
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by hazel.red.leaf
Do you really need an en suite? If accommodation costs are really important to you, you can save by going for a room with a basin - pretty handy if you need to brush quickly etc. Sharing a bathroom is not bad, you never have to wait for the showers, they get cleaned and you get a bigger room. :smile:

Why do you not need to wait for a shower in a shared bathroom?
Also, am I right in thinking that ensuite bathrooms have to be cleaned by myself?

:smile:
Original post by iamyourmum
Why do you not need to wait for a shower in a shared bathroom?
Also, am I right in thinking that ensuite bathrooms have to be cleaned by myself?

:smile:

Because there are more than enough showers! I share 4 showers with 15 other girls - sounds quite horrible at first, I know! Whenever I would need a shower all 4 showers wouldn't be occupied, or - at the very worst - there will be only one other person taking a shower. As opposed to a tiny shower cubicle, our showers are quite spacious, brand new and, believe me, they are clean! Hope this helps!
Reply 4
Original post by Liz_319
Any suggestions?

Wills is good :wink:
Reply 5
I originally thought that an en suite was the most important factor in applying for accommodation last year. However, after applying for an en-suite at Wills, I was put into a room there with a shared bathroom. The shared bathrooms at Wills are brilliant, for example, in my block, we have 5 showers and a bath between 9 of us. I rarely even bump into people in the bathroom, so it's pretty much like having an en suite- except all the cleaning is done for you!
Wills is really good for all of the things listed, but I'm probably biased...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending