How I Met Your Mother finale

Watch
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys! Did anyone watch the series finale? I just watched it today and it was horrible. Seriously, they 'killed' off the person who we have been trying to find the identity of for 8 seasons, 8 fudging seasons, so that Ted can get together with Robin!

Now, I'm all for Red (Ted/Robin) but still, I grew to like the Mother and I was devastated, I was like "WTF!" when she was hospitalised and pronounced deceased. It was honestly, a rubbish ending for a great, legen-wait for it and hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is-dary series. But I wanted to ask you're opinion, what did you guys think about it?

BTW, SPOILER ALERT!
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler Alert!

You're lucky I already know what happens. IMO it was a terrible ending.

Spoiler:
Show
Killed the mother off way too quickly and Ted and Robin has been shown not to work. On the other hand, Barney spent so long trying to change for Robin and they got divorced straight after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WanderingWorrier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Firstly, spoilers.
Secondly, ****ING SPOILERS.

You've basically ruined the episode for me. Thanks.
flipflap99
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
it was weird. bits were a letdown. bits were beautiful.
Spoiler:
Show
It made the whole series feel so redundant. why on earth would you spend 22 episodes on a wedding that fails in less than 15 minutes. it felt so rushed given how much had the series had gone through. Another question I have is in a flashforward of an episode a few season ago, old ted said something like, "There's one thing your aunt robin never was, alone" which wasn't true it seems. But barneys trasformation was amazing
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was an awful ending. Too rushed and too sad. Plus all the character development that was done over the last few seasons was totally rewound and ignored. Devastated

Also, you may want to spoiler alert the OP. I've seen it, but those who haven't might just kill you.
interstitial
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Firenze26)
BTW, SPOILER ALERT!
Use the [spoiler] tags around your post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
WanderingWorrier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
^ Sorry for my previous rant. I hadn't seen the episode yet, so I was pretty pissed off

I really hope that's not how it really ends- perhaps it's an April fool's thing?
If it is.. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE ENTIRE BUILD UP TO THE MOTHER? WHAT WAS THE POINT? Jeez. They can't just rush end it like that -_-
Firenze26
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Applescruff)
It was an awful ending. Too rushed and too sad. Plus all the character development that was done over the last few seasons was totally rewound and ignored. Devastated

Also, you may want to spoiler alert the OP. I've seen it, but those who haven't might just kill you.
Yeah, I can see that from the posts. Sorry, for the lack of warning. BTW, how do you spoiler alert the OP? Can you do it even after posting it?
alow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show
I like the ending. Ted and Robin were always meant to end up together, but Ted wanted kids; which he got with Tracy. Barney got exactly what he needed too.
MidnightDream
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Haven't watched yet and I don't think I'm going to, I know what happened because I love spoilers and it is an awful, awful ending

Spoiler:
Show
I prefer Ted and the mother, not Ted and Robin and now we're back to where we started with Ted chasing Robin :rolleyes: only now he has two kids whoop whoop :unimpressed:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (65)
36.52%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.11%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (44)
24.72%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
13.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.43%

Watched Threads