This discussion is closed.
jtaylor
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
What would be your recommended strategy for using UCAS Extra? I have heard that you should get in contact with the univeristy you are thinking of applying to directly before declining your offers. If you do this, how do they receive your UCAS form??
Thanks for your help.
kat_uk_84
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I have just been through UCAS extra and have now (hopefully) secured my new place at uni. It is probably worth contacting the uni just to make sure they still have places, even if it is displayed on the UCAS webpage. I found i had to do this just to reassure myself! You can then go onto decline all your offers....however it has taken about 2 1/2 weeks for my application to go through so don't expect any fast results. Although perhaps that was just the uni that i was applying to rather then the whole process. Anywho! GOOD LUCK! ktx
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
why are you declining your offers? i thought ucas extra was for those people who didnt have places?

love Katy ***
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
why are you declining your offers? i thought ucas extra was for those people who didnt have places?

love Katy ***
No your not going crazy, that's exactly what it is.
jtaylor
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I am not using UCAS extra. just finding out for a friend.
Thanks for your help thou guys
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
No your not going crazy, that's exactly what it is.
Or for people like me who change their minds about degree courses. I was going to accept an offer at UCL for economics. I'm now declining that and doing engineering at Imperial.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (168)
19.22%
Labour (446)
51.03%
Liberal Democrats (117)
13.39%
Green Party (49)
5.61%
Brexit Party (13)
1.49%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.46%
SNP (15)
1.72%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.69%
SDLP (1)
0.11%
Ulster Unionist (4)