I've been a studio ghoul for years and now I'm going back to school Watch

PaintedOni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi Mature TSR,my name is Zarak (PaintedOni) and I'm going to massively restructure my life.I've been bouncing around for years, never really laying roots, and I didn't really mind the inconsistency with my life. Hell, I was living and enjoying a life most people would dream about.In 2010, I somehow decided to go back to school with qualifications that had been gathering dust for atleast 5-6 years. Newcastle College let me in to their HEFC programme and I ended up doing really well. Got offers from Newcastle, Glasgow and Northumbria. Then the bug came back and I was off again.Now it's 2014, and I'm in Pakistan right now. For the past 4 years, I've been working as a sort of roadie/studio engineer/art instructor/t-shirt maker...... and I've realized, I don't want this sort of life anymore.So I have decided to get my education in order and go to University.The access course I did in the UK is irrelevant in Pakistan so to go to university I have to fulfill the following requirements.
  1. 3 A levels
  2. 2 O Levels
  3. Handful of courses which basically amounts to 9 examinations

MY AIM: Get a chance to apply for a BSC(Hons) in Mechatronics My parents are helping me out by letting me stay in their home so accommodation is not an issue. I've also found a part-time job that would have me working for 4 hours a day for 5 days a week, so money won't really be an issue.So MatureTSR,what do you think? could someone pull this off or am I biting off more than I can chew? Any suggestions on study routines? And any tips you could offer?
Advertisement
lillith
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry hun, are you going to uni in the UK or in Pakistan?
PaintedOni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by lillith)
Sorry hun, are you going to uni in the UK or in Pakistan?
I should have been clear on that!

Yep! I have the choice to goto Uni in the either the UK or in Pakistan
Advertisement
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I wouldn't think into it too deeply, you'll be fine. People adapt and sort themselves out.

What I can say is that roadie/studio engineer/art instructor/t-shirt maker sounds like the coolest way of life imaginable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (354)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.26%