The Student Room Group

Booz & Co rebranding

So Booz and PwC have completed their weird amalgamation of consulting practices, the result is "Strategy&". The Booz website has even changed to http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/

Thoughts? Seems a weird choice of branding to me, like they're trying too hard to be edgy and different.
Original post by Tokyoround
So Booz and PwC have completed their weird amalgamation of consulting practices, the result is "Strategy&". The Booz website has even changed to http://www.strategyand.pwc.com/

Thoughts? Seems a weird choice of branding to me, like they're trying too hard to be edgy and different.

Agreed - It seems a bit odd.

I am actually working for PwC next year in the consulting practice however I doubt that PwC and the new Strategy& will overlap in the short term. It will take a while to get everything into place. But the branding suggests that they may stay separate??
Reply 2
"Strategy&"?....PwC is one of the largest, most reputable firms in the world and this is seriously the best they could come up with?...whoever came up with this needs to be fired pronto.

What they should do is rebrand Booz as "PwC Good Consulting" and the existing consulting business as "PwC Bad Consulting" lol
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I can see the conversations now:

Talking to a potential client
"Hi i'm from strategy and... can we schedule a meeting to discuss the deal, strategy and... have the best combination of..."

Introducing yourself at a conference
"Hi i'm from Strategy and..."
other guy after a minute of patiently waiting: "Yea, strategy and what?"

Being discussed by a client
"yeah we got the guys from strategy and... and Morgan Stanley"
"i'm going to call the guys at strategy and.. and fire the ****ers!"
It's an attempt to keep the legacy of Booz & Co by keeping the &. While at the same time giving the firm a name that describes what is does, business strategy consultancy.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Classical Liberal
It's an attempt to keep the legacy of Booz & Co by keeping the &. While at the same time giving the firm a name that describes what is does, business strategy consultancy.

Maybe so, but it just doesn't fit. I know legally they had to get rid of the Booz part but It sounds like a group of young Ex MBB guys startup co. Not a historic, prestigious firm. I'm sure they could have come up with better.
Original post by Tokyoround
Maybe so, but it just doesn't fit. I know legally they had to get rid of the Booz part but It sounds like a group of young Ex MBB guys startup co. Not a historic, prestigious firm. I'm sure they could have come up with better.

Perhaps, I should think that PwC will hope that over time Strategy& consulting arm will be fully integrated into the PwC. It's possible that PwC hopes that people will just refer to Strategy& as PwC, because as you point out, there are serious issues with ending a name with a conjunctive.
Booz was a very well established name in the industry, I'm suspecting that now their clientele will be watered down as they're seen as another Big Four consulting arm. Meaning more business for McKinsey and BCG if clients are looking for an established top tier consultancy to partner with.
Reply 8
Original post by Classical Liberal

By that logic Goldman Sachs should be called "Vampire squid using every dirty trick in the book to con money out of unsuspecting investors" :lol:
Terrible name. Are they ever going to fully integrate Booz into the firm or it always to be a stubby little offshoot?

I also don't get how preserving the & continues the legacy of Booz anyway. Surely you'd want to keep the "Booz" bit given that's what everyone called them? Maybe call the arm PwC & Booz or something
Reply 10
Wow that is awful, whoever thought of that really needs to lay off the booz..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending