Why are arrogant people so annoying? Watch

Vashappeninkira
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I went to a residential to Oxford university yesterday and surprisingly the people studying at Oxford were less arrogant than the people who were with me at the residential.

They didn't even talk to me it was so annoying to hear about their explanations on quantum physics and the wonders of the earth. They don't want to even heard the ideas anyone else has to say. Is it just me or are arrogant people so annoying? why are they like this?
Stinkum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They're annoying, but what can you do? Really, all you can do is try to ignore or avoid such people.
username1084946
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think you've answered your own question here - arrogance is defined as having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

This could be annoying for a variety of reasons, ranging from jealousy to distraction.

And I know, this post makes me sound arrogant but it's true.
natninja
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Vashappeninkira)
I went to a residential to Oxford university yesterday and surprisingly the people studying at Oxford were less arrogant than the people who were with me at the residential.

They didn't even talk to me it was so annoying to hear about their explanations on quantum physics and the wonders of the earth. They don't want to even heard the ideas anyone else has to say. Is it just me or are arrogant people so annoying? why are they like this?
Tell me why this doesn't surprise me... When I was at interview, a lot of the people were very bolshy about their supposed academic ability - many of the more bolshy ones didn't get in and a lot of them were making up for being less able by trying to seem like they know it all...

It happens, they are annoying, just ignore them. Chances are they don't really know what they are on about anyway.
L'Etudiant
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To me there are two kinds of arrogant people:

1) People who act arrogant due to falsely believing they're better and have achieved more and are thus superior to you and others. (Joey Barton)
2) People who have the ability and achievements to back their arrogance. (Zlatan Ibrahimovic)

Arrogance isn't a nice trait to have but if people have the ability to back it up then who am I to say anything?
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because we're better than you and not only do we know it, but we know that you know that we know it, and that kills you deep inside.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.74%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (80)
9.86%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.02%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.74%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.46%

Watched Threads