The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Accomodation / student life - salford uni?

i have an interview for multimedia journalism at salford but i'm totally unsure.

- Do people ACTUALLY go into Manchester for nights out? For me, Manchester is a key part of why i'm applying, what with me doing journalism i want to be somewhere with lots going on and most importantly a large music scene, which manchester has! but i dont want to come to salford to find out no one actually goes into manchester for nights out that much.
- ACCOMODATION? I want to be somewhere where i'll meet lots of people who are very lively and, well, live like a student. I don't want to be in halls that are very dull, where's best?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!
I study at Salford now - I am in my first year atm. It is a 5 min train ride into Manchester and I usually go out every week as student night is decent. (every week until my student finance ran out :smile:) Also the uni is right next to Salford crescent train station. I live in horlock court and nearly everyone goes out every week - during fresher's there is a party every night where it is very easy to make friends. (when I say fresher's I mean the first 2 month at least)
Castle Irwell is very cheep but you get what you pay for but I have heard there are lots of parties. If you are looking for something more posh or more modern there is IQ, it is £110 per week but when I went to a party there it was very nice.
Hope this helps :smile:
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by lydiafletcher
I study at Salford now - I am in my first year atm. It is a 5 min train ride into Manchester and I usually go out every week as student night is decent. (every week until my student finance ran out :smile:) Also the uni is right next to Salford crescent train station. I live in horlock court and nearly everyone goes out every week - during fresher's there is a party every night where it is very easy to make friends. (when I say fresher's I mean the first 2 month at least)
Castle Irwell is very cheep but you get what you pay for but I have heard there are lots of parties. If you are looking for something more posh or more modern there is IQ, it is £110 per week but when I went to a party there it was very nice.
Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks so much for your help! i recieved my conditino offer today so super excited now. Kind of leaning towards IQ as it looks so nice buuut i really want to be in halls that has a very good social life!
Reply 3
Dear colleague,
My name is Mohsine, iam Moroccan living in UAE. I will study MA in translation in Salford University in September 2014. Regarding accommodation, i do not know whether I choose Constantine Court, Bramall court or Castle Irwell? Which one is better and calmer? Please advise me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending