How do you revise for History?

Watch this thread
particlemania98
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
What are the best methods of revising for History?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by particlemania98)
Hey, have you checked out the Revision and Study Tips forum? Loads of good advice there.

I used to draw comics to help me remember key arguments/dates/events (think horrible histories style ), but then I'm a bit of a geek so... :cool:
Maxmeisterrr
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
To revise history you need to be able to recall information and interpret it. I'm doing it for a level and you literally need to know dates/names/keywords.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SoggyTractor
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Maxmeisterrr)
To revise history you need to be able to recall information and interpret it. I'm doing it for a level and you literally need to know dates/names/keywords.

Posted from TSR Mobile
.___.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SoggyTractor
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by particlemania98)
I'm doing mindmaps, and just re-writing notes again and again. The idea about comics, as suggested above, sounds great.

I'm planning to type up all my notes and add a few pictures and diagrams so it'll basically be like re-writing the textbook. Then I'll compare my work to the textbook and see how mine is more concise, and if anything needs adding.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm using the CGP book for AQA History, and writing each section out over and over again until I remember it off by-heart. I do this for every essay based subject. I normally revise for 1 hour, take a 30 minute break and recite everything I've learnt on paper. It seems to work! I can recall all of the Unit 1 paper and the majority of the Unit 2 paper (I haven't finished revising this yet.) But... using this knowledge with the exam structure needs to be worked on. I can't seem to reach analysis in the 10 mark questions.

Best of luck, fellow historian.
Kind regards,
Ben
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Make notes from any textbook/class work. Write things out until you can write/speak them without looking

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (10)
20.41%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (4)
8.16%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
8.16%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (5)
10.2%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (14)
28.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
24.49%

Watched Threads