What is my ex doing?!

About a month ago I made this thread.

If you don't want to read it here's a summary:

-with ex gf for a year
-started having problems/arguments
-another guy got involved
-she started to like him which led to her falling out of love with me
-she broke up with me and got together with him straight away

That was 6 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks after the breakup we didn't speak, and it seemed like we never would again due to the nature of the breakup. But over the last 3 weeks we've started talking again and I'm not sure what to make of it all.

Here's some things she's said:
-she still has feelings for me
-she will never forget me
-being with him is not the same as being with me
-our year together was the happiest time of her life

Every time we see each other around college, as long as she's not with him at the time, we'll stop and have a chat, and she'll always initiate a hug at the end. We'll even talk and laugh about the good times we had together.

I just don't know what to think. Does she want to just be friends? Does she see us getting back together at some point?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sounds like she is doing the same thing to him as she did to you? She cannot essentially 2 time you both.
Tell her she needs to take some time, maybe talk to both of you and make a choice.
She cannot mess you around, or him. It's highly unfair.
So - tell her to make a choice, or just go NC. Assuming you want to give it another go.
Unless it is a destined to fail relationship in which case, stop talking to her.
Reply 2
I'd forget her, if I was you.
Reply 3
Original post by marinaim
Sounds like she is doing the same thing to him as she did to you? She cannot essentially 2 time you both.
Tell her she needs to take some time, maybe talk to both of you and make a choice.
She cannot mess you around, or him. It's highly unfair.
So - tell her to make a choice, or just go NC. Assuming you want to give it another go.
Unless it is a destined to fail relationship in which case, stop talking to her.

It's not really 2 timing, she's together with him now, not me. But from everything she's said and the way she behaves it's as if she knows she's made the wrong choice. It seems like she took the easy way out of going out with the first person who was nice to her, just to get away from the rough patch we were having. And now she's seen that what we had was actually really good and she regrets it. :s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
It's not really 2 timing, she's together with him now, not me. But from everything she's said and the way she behaves it's as if she knows she's made the wrong choice. It seems like she took the easy way out of going out with the first person who was nice to her, just to get away from the rough patch we were having. And now she's seen that what we had was actually really good and she regrets it. :s-smilie:

Emotionally two timing you is what I mean.
It's flaky and unfair.
From your previous thread some people got the impression it would have ended anyway!?
Reply 5
Emotionally two timing you is what I mean.
It's flaky and unfair.
From your previous thread some people got the impression it would have ended anyway!?

Her new relationship would have you mean?
Reply 6
I think she's just playing games and seems to want you both at the same time. I'd just ignore her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Her new relationship would have you mean?

no, your one with her. If so, there's no point trying it again right?
Reply 8
She got rid of you because she thought something better came along, then she's realised that the grass is always greener, and she wants to to have her cake and eat it. I would avoid all contact with her like the plague.
Reply 9
no, your one with her. If so, there's no point trying it again right?

Oh I see what you mean. No, it's true it wasn't going well, but I think if the other guy didn't come into the picture then we would have worked things out
Reply 10
Oh I see what you mean. No, it's true it wasn't going well, but I think if the other guy didn't come into the picture then we would have worked things out

hm, well either way she needs to make a choice, not string you along with hope. give it another go if you really want!
Reply 11
Basically, you're a backup option.
Reply 12
hm, well either way she needs to make a choice, not string you along with hope. give it another go if you really want!

Ok, thanks for the help :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Softy31
I'd forget her, if I was you.

Original post by katiiiiie
I think she's just playing games and seems to want you both at the same time. I'd just ignore her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Jamerson
She got rid of you because she thought something better came along, then she's realised that the grass is always greener, and she wants to to have her cake and eat it. I would avoid all contact with her like the plague.

It's not as easy as that though. She was my first girlfriend and first everything pretty much. I can't just forget her, especially when I see her every day and talk to her most days.
Reply 14
It's not as easy as that though. She was my first girlfriend and first everything pretty much. I can't just forget her, especially when I see her every day and talk to her most days.

Not many things are easy. Though not everything has to be excused. :rolleyes:
If you want someone unstable go ahead with paying attention to her...
Reply 15

I know. I'm sorry to say that the first love will always be the most painful one. If I were you, I would make every effort not to see her and not to talk to her. It is the only way you will be able to move on, otherwise it will continue to bring you heartache.
Reply 16
Bump
Reply 17
She doesn't value you, she just wants what she can't have. Leave her to herself buddy, you sound like a good guy and you don't need that.
About a month ago I made this thread.

If you don't want to read it here's a summary:

-with ex gf for a year
-started having problems/arguments
-another guy got involved
-she started to like him which led to her falling out of love with me
-she broke up with me and got together with him straight away

That was 6 weeks ago. For the first 3 weeks after the breakup we didn't speak, and it seemed like we never would again due to the nature of the breakup. But over the last 3 weeks we've started talking again and I'm not sure what to make of it all.
Here's some things she's said:
-she still has feelings for me
-she will never forget me
-being with him is not the same as being with me
-our year together was the happiest time of her life

Every time we see each other around college, as long as she's not with him at the time, we'll stop and have a chat, and she'll always initiate a hug at the end. We'll even talk and laugh about the good times we had together.

I just don't know what to think. Does she want to just be friends? Does she see us getting back together at some point?

SHE SOUNDS LIKE A TOTAL POOPIEFACE. If i were you, remove her from your life she clearly loves the attention! You obviously deserve better than this. message me if you want to ask for anymore advice, im good at that shiz (: x

I felt the same with my first boyfriend, and getting over it was difficult at first, but you can do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending