The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Mature students

Scroll to see replies

30+ mature student here. in my second year of study at Bangor this September. I spent my first year in the halls, albeit in the mature student hall, and i didn't regret it. In fact I managed to worm my way into the mature hall for this year.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Y Borth
Any mature students add me on facebook if you like https://www.facebook.com/forsterjon
Hiya mate just wondering how you've found it since arriving? i'm 23 and living in halls which hasn't been so bad but i REALLY felt the age difference going to academi on sunday ... the kind of place that is just not at all enjoyable now, but finding out other places which seem better!
Yeah academi and peep look awful, what better places have you found? I've been to a few places like that greek place and a few pubs but not gone out out cos im cutting out drinking atm. Hoping to meet people through societies and stuff since im not in halls.
Reply 25
Blue Sky cafe looks good for gigs and stuff in the evenings! :-)
Original post by eevilweevil
Hi All,

I can't see anyone on here over 30 and I'm 58 at the end of September! Does this make me a mature mature student? AND I'm in halls for the first year! Is that brave, foolhardy or just plain stupid? Fortunately, I don't live too far way, so can escape home at weekends if necessary.

Hi there, I hope you don't mind me messaging you but your message cropped up on Bangor Uni Mature student forum! I'm hoping to begin Primary Teaching at Bangor in Sept 2015 and I am 42. I was just wondering how many students you come across in the 35+ bracket please? I'm just a bit nervous of being seen as a relic student haha!!

Thanks.

ps....I applaud your adventure of staying in Halls for year one. Hope it all works out well for you!

Best,

C.
Hiya everyone!
I'm going to be doing English Literature and Creative Writing at Bangor in September. I'll be 33 then and I'm really looking forward to the move. I'm from Chesterfield in Derbyshire so it will be quite a move for me but one I'm relishing! I am ever so slightly scared about living in Halls though, what with me being slightly older. I look forward to meeting some of you in September and getting to know some of you on here over the next few months!

Em x x x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest