Using off peak ticket on super off peak train?

Watch
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've got a ticket to come home for Easter from uni on Saturday. It is an off-peak return so, would I be able to travel on a super off-peak train?

This is because the train I planned to travel on and booked is an 1124 train that takes about 10 minutes longer and gives me only 10 minutes of change time between journeys. I'm changing at Clapham Junction so can get busy and if the train is delayed, I don't want to miss my connection and have to wait an hour for the next one.
There is a train at 1119 which takes 10 minutes less and gives me 20 minutes at the next station, a much easier and hassle free time! They are both the same company (Southern) and they both take the same journey, from Brighton to Clapham Junction (and continuing onto London Victoria), with the only difference being that the 1119 has fewer stops and is a super off peak train.

There is no time restriction on my outbound ticket, only the date, and the only difference would be that this train would be super off-peak when my ticket only says off-peak. So, can I still travel on a super off peak train, using an off-peak ticket? I know it seems a silly question and I'm assuming the answer is yes - I don't see why I couldn't - but I hardly every use trains! This is probably my fourth time using one!
rmhumphries
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That will be fine. As long as your ticket isn't an advance ticket, and you are not travelling on a peak train (usually before ~9:00 - 10:30), you can travel on any train with an off peak ticket.
Joshalos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
That will be fine. As long as your ticket isn't an advance ticket, and you are not travelling on a peak train (usually before ~9:00 - 10:30), you can travel on any train with an off peak ticket.
Thanks for the reply! :cookie:
Peenutte
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rmhumphries)
would there be a problem if I travel on a peak train with an off peak ticket?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise