AS AQA English Literature Coursework. Help Urgently Needed!

Watch
Ellie96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello!
So, I am currently working on the second/final draft of my coursework that's due tomorrow (I only got the first draft back yesterday and I was pretty much up all night trying to improve it but to no avail because I'm not quite sure how!). I received 14/30 (yes, I realise how absolutely awful that is) and I really do need a high A (at least 26 or 27/30)! (My question is on 'To what extent would you agree that the theme of equality presented more successfully by Churchill in ‘Top Girls’ than by Williams in ‘A Street Car Named Desire’?)
So, could you help me please? Tell me what needs to be in a comparative essay in order to get the high marks? And how to make relevant points and analyse effectively? And anything else that may be of help?
Thank you!
The Nightingale
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ellie96)
Hello!
So, I am currently working on the second/final draft of my coursework that's due tomorrow (I only got the first draft back yesterday and I was pretty much up all night trying to improve it but to no avail because I'm not quite sure how!). I received 14/30 (yes, I realise how absolutely awful that is) and I really do need a high A (at least 26 or 27/30)! (My question is on 'To what extent would you agree that the theme of equality presented more successfully by Churchill in ‘Top Girls’ than by Williams in ‘A Street Car Named Desire’?)
So, could you help me please? Tell me what needs to be in a comparative essay in order to get the high marks? And how to make relevant points and analyse effectively? And anything else that may be of help?
Thank you!
Make sure you have a really solid plan. I don't know what syllabus you're doing? - but a good comparative essay generally makes sure it sustains the comparison in each paragraph. So, if possible, make sure you're comparing an aspect of each book in the same paragraph, rather than doing 'Top Girls' and then doing 'A Street Car Named Desire' separately. It's a more sophisticated technique and keeps you focused on the question.

Maintain a close focus on analysis of language, form and structure of the two novels - and ensure genre and social/historical context are covered, as this is usually relevant thematically. Social/Historical context is generally the time of composition, the gender of the author and social circumstances of the time. If you have a few critical quotations you could use that support your argument or which you can use to challenge a particular view this is also indicative of a higher level response.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (58)
17.37%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (94)
28.14%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (127)
38.02%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.17%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.29%

Watched Threads