The Student Room Group

Young scot card as ID

i have a driving licence and also a passport but do not want to carry these around with me on a night out. Will my young scot card work as a ID for bars and clubs?
Reply 1
Legally yes they should accept it.
Bouncers are often stupid and might not know what it is though.
Reply 2
Clubs no, pubs maybe but not at all. Clubs 90% of the time refuse anything other than passport or drivers licence (even pass logo id)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Driving license is best. Young scot cards can be modified extremely easily, which is the reason they aren't accepted (it's nothing to do with 'stupid' bouncers not knowing what they are).
Even though they have the PASS logo, barely anywhere will accept them unfortunately.
Reply 5
Original post by kailz96
i have a driving licence and also a passport but do not want to carry these around with me on a night out. Will my young scot card work as a ID for bars and clubs?

It is a valid form of ID (pass hologram) but most clubs won't accept a Young Scot card as they are very easy to modify. Pubs/bars and some clubs may except it though.
My son is 19 and hasn't any id at all ! Lost his pass port ! It's ran out any way ! How can he get a young Scott's card online ! As needs photo id at this stage and day in age ! Can you please help me and my son with this. Reason I'm dealing with it is as son has dislexea !!
Many thanks
J McGowan
Original post by David McGowan
My son is 19 and hasn't any id at all ! Lost his pass port ! It's ran out any way ! How can he get a young Scott's card online ! As needs photo id at this stage and day in age ! Can you please help me and my son with this. Reason I'm dealing with it is as son has dislexea !!
Many thanks
J McGowan

He would have to contact the youth dept of your local council

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending