The Student Room Group

Friend is dating someone I met on Tinder...

I met a guy on Tinder and we started talking, he was attractive, the conversation wasn't dying down, so he gave me his number because he wanted to delete Tinder. We texted for a while, he kept saying he wanted to meet etc. Then one day he just stopped texting back.

I wasn't particularly fussed as I'd met someone I had much better chemistry with. I am now dating this guy, and am very happy. The Tinder guy did text me again after a week or so, but I just ignored it.

Quite a few of my friends have joined Tinder since, and one of my friends is going on a date tonight. When I asked who it was with, she showed me his Tinder profile. It's the same guy I was talking to before.

I don't know what I should do about this. Me and this girl are very good friends, we're on the same course, in the same (very close) friendship group. I'm happy for her, cause he is a nice guy, but should I tell her I talked to him before about us maybe dating? Or should I just leave it?

I don't want it to be uncomfortable either way, obviously if she asks me directly I'll tell the truth, but I don't want her to think I lied to her beforehand.
Leave it! Things didn't progress further between you two, therefore what relevance does it hold telling her you know of him? :dontknow:
I think you should tell her the truth... sooner or later she could find out from him and that could be even worser... and its not like you two actually dated so im pretty sure your friend would be okay with it since all you did was talk. hope it works out
Just say something such as "Oh yeah, I talked to him a bit a while back" and leave it at that. You don't have to go into specifics.
Just mention to her that you spoke to him, don't make it into a big thing. "yeah I remember him, we spoke for a bit"

Also, FYI, no one deletes their profile on tinder unless they are in a relationship, it's the way to get the girls number.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending