How do you withdraw an application? Watch

This discussion is closed.
SweetSugar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I've received all of my offers now except for Warwick, I think they may have lost my application because I have never heard anything from them! Anyhow, I'm not intending on going there and want to accept my Durham offer so how exactly do I withdraw my application from Warwick?? Is this even possible?
LongGone
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I seem to remember there being a form on the back of the booklet that UCAS sent me with my original confirmation letter. Or you could just try ringing them up
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
Haha well I'm only really rejecting Warwick because I applied for a course that I no longer want to do. But when I drove past the uni, it looked reeally ugly from the outside (although I know its a respectable uni). When I click on warwick, I see no withdraw button?? Maybe I'm blind, I'll try again! I'll ring them up if I'm desperate but since I'm from overseas it might cost a bit!
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
Yeah I might call them up and then I can ask them if they even received my application anyway! Thanks for your help everyone
shilling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by interiority)
It may be that there is no withdraw button and I am remembering wrongly. You might have to call, unfortunately. Or e-mail the admissions office?
Yeah, email them first. Admissions secretaries are always very good about replying quickly (...I've been pestering a lot of admissions offices)
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by shilling)
Yeah, email them first. Admissions secretaries are always very good about replying quickly (...I've been pestering a lot of admissions offices)
It's a holiday weekend.
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
It's a holiday weekend.
Oh yeah almost forgot since I'm not at school! If I'm going to ring them I'll have to wait till tuesday then!
ecksor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm in exactly the same position with Warwick. I got advice to call UCAS and ask them to cancel the outstanding offer and to make the place I want my firm choice.. However, I was also told that they'd be closed until next Wednesday.
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecksor)
I'm in exactly the same position with Warwick. I got advice to call UCAS and ask them to cancel the outstanding offer and to make the place I want my firm choice.. However, I was also told that they'd be closed until next Wednesday.
They're closed Tuesday too?? Is tuesday a bank holiday in the UK or something? So you've never heard a word from warwick at all?? It just seems really strange that I didn't get an acknowledgment letter or anything from them! Ah well, will ring ucas on wednesday!
ecksor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't think it's a bank holiday, although I'm not actually in the UK either.

And nope! No contact at all. Oh well
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecksor)
I don't think it's a bank holiday, although I'm not actually in the UK either.

And nope! No contact at all. Oh well
Really, maybe Warwick ARE just really slow?? I just assumed that they had lost my application. Hmm if other people are waiting then maybe I'll give them another week or so :confused:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (197)
18.8%
Labour (540)
51.53%
Liberal Democrats (141)
13.45%
Green Party (58)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.43%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (17)
1.62%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.48%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.67%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (4)