The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

primary education course

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dixo
I got a little pack a couple of weeks ago with reading list, a couple of tasks and term dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh 😕... Is your place 'unconditional' ?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 21
Nope - still got the DBS check to do

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, me too 😕 .. Hopefully I'll get the same thing soon then !
Hey guys,

I've received an invitation from Brookes for an interview for the BA PTE course, got it on Monday 17th!Is there anyone else doing it that day?I also have some questions;

-The infamous 5min teaching activity, what did you guys do?I don't wanna know the subject of it, just wanna get the rough idea?
-I registered on the QTS tests website, however haven't booked them yet, did anyone take theirs before receiving an offer?
-How long did you wait for your offer after the interview?
-The written task, was it an essay?
-What did you guys wear; I am gonna go with white shirt and trousers, was thinking about wearing a suit but I don't think it would be appropriate?

Thanks!
Reply 24
Hi,

I've got an interview for next week (late application), how'd everyone's interviews go (I'm really nervous)? Any tips would be great.

Thanks
Helloo!!

I've got a place at Brookes for BA primary education, met all conditions apart from the health clearance which they have told me is taking longer this year due to a "new in-house health system". The waiting is driving me mad! Anyone else having to wait??
Original post by elles2393
Helloo!!

I've got a place at Brookes for BA primary education, met all conditions apart from the health clearance which they have told me is taking longer this year due to a "new in-house health system". The waiting is driving me mad! Anyone else having to wait??

My health clearance was one of the first things I was able to do.. It was the DBS Check that I had to wait a while to do as they were sorting the system ?
Original post by Sarahh2909
My health clearance was one of the first things I was able to do.. It was the DBS Check that I had to wait a while to do as they were sorting the system ?

i've completed the heath clearance, but they haven't finished it apparently? I'm so confused!
Original post by elles2393
i've completed the heath clearance, but they haven't finished it apparently? I'm so confused!

Oh, I'm pretty sure mines been completed ? Have u applied for halls ?
Oh, I'm pretty sure mines been completed ? Have u applied for halls ?

i have, but i'm a bit edgey about my offer not being unconditional yet- i hope accom will be ok! have you?
Reply 30
I just had my offer made unconditional, so think everyone should be getting that soon if your DBS is done

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody who had their interview on 3rd July heard back yet?
Reply 32
Has anyone started/done the tasks in the information pack yet?
Original post by Pippa19
Has anyone started/done the tasks in the information pack yet?

Haven't started yet. Just ordered a couple of the books today, but not sure what exactly they want us to make notes on for the reading diary.

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe themes/age range/subject links for each book?

Have you started on the tasks?
Original post by Subat
Haven't started yet. Just ordered a couple of the books today, but not sure what exactly they want us to make notes on for the reading diary.

What course are u doing ? Primary ed ? I haven't received any pack yet ?! 😕
What course are u doing ? Primary ed ? I haven't received any pack yet ?!

Primary PGCE. If you're doing the BA Ed you most likely wont receive anything in advance. I've heard they don't do pre course tasks for BA Ed because it's a longer course so you have more time to cover everything at uni.
Reply 36
Original post by Subat

I'm planning on ordering the books soon. Yeah I am unsure about that too but yes I was thinking along the same lines about the age ranges and subject links etc. I have sent off the form to do with the school based training but other than that I haven't properly started yet, need to get started I think...
Original post by Subat
Primary PGCE. If you're doing the BA Ed you most likely wont receive anything in advance. I've heard they don't do pre course tasks for BA Ed because it's a longer course so you have more time to cover everything at uni.

Arr ok ! Thankyou ! 😊
Original post by Pippa19
I'm planning on ordering the books soon. Yeah I am unsure about that too but yes I was thinking along the same lines about the age ranges and subject links etc. I have sent off the form to do with the school based training but other than that I haven't properly started yet, need to get started I think...

I still need to send the form :colondollar:

Yea we really need to get on with it. It just hit me yesterday how near September is.
Reply 39
Original post by helennarose94
I got in too. Have you got your email from accommodation to apply for halls yet?

im living at home the first year : ( only live half an hour away from campus so didnt think it was worth the amount for halls! You should have got your accommodation emails etc through though ( sorry i know ive replied really late ive been working loads!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending