This discussion is closed.
Gaylord Queer
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jyuk)
Has anyone got an Ipod. I'm thinking of getting one, do u think it's worth the money?
And do u think ebay is a trustworthy enough place to get a cheap one?:confused:
Never erd of em. Anyway what would be the point in getting a 40gb mp3 player. If you have a CD-RW drive you just burn the mp3's to disc anyway. Thats what I do anyway. Dont see da point in portable mp3 players really.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Gaylord Queer)
Never erd of em. Anyway what would be the point in getting a 40gb mp3 player. If you have a CD-RW drive you just burn the mp3's to disc anyway. Thats what I do anyway. Dont see da point in portable mp3 players really.
You don't need to carry cds around, you have thousands and thousands of songs in a little cute thing that can fit in you hand, much better than carrying loads of cds, or even MDs
jyuk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by Gaylord Queer)
I just read about it.
Not just an mp3 player, use it as a hard drive, text reader, has games, smaller, lighter and more stylish.
But there is that price tag.

Is anyone gonna have a look at those links up there, and give some comment?
samd294
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by corey)
Well...my mum is off in America (having her affair lol) and comes back a week on Friday. I have managed to put her on a guilt trip so she is bringing me back an ipod mini which due to the exchange rate works out at £120

*jumps*
Yeh but you'll have to get a UK adapter to recharge it, plus your mum will be very lucky to find one as they are in huge demand. Also, UK customs are atm doing loads of apot checks on people coming from the US cos of all the iPOD importing, if onw is found you have to pay about 20% tax on whatever you bring.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
Yeh but you'll have to get a UK adapter to recharge it, plus your mum will be very lucky to find one as they are in huge demand. Also, UK customs are atm doing loads of apot checks on people coming from the US cos of all the iPOD importing, if onw is found you have to pay about 20% tax on whatever you bring.
wrap it up in towels and put it in the suitcase
jyuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by samd294)
I thought you can bring things back tax free if they are for your own use.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you get one get an iPod, you might as well buy a new one and get something inscribed on the back of it...

be prepared to buy new ear phones though unless you want to be atarget for muggers - white ear phones a giveaway that you have an iPod, also the ear phones you get aren't that great, but they have new ones now which are in-ear and have better sound quality
jyuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
if you get one get an iPod, you might as well buy a new one and get something inscribed on the back of it...

be prepared to buy new ear phones though unless you want to be atarget for muggers - white ear phones a giveaway that you have an iPod, also the ear phones you get aren't that great, but they have new ones now which are in-ear and have better sound quality
A lot of the ones on ebay are new and imported from the US. A lot of the sellers say they send it as a gift so no tax is charged.
I'm not too bothered about an inscription. But it would be a saving of something like £80.
Have a look at the links I posted earlier.
dazmanultra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Remember the ipod can be charged from the firewire port too.

the ipod comes with a universal adaptor that operates from 110-240v 50/60hz, so can also be charged that way (as long as you have the correct mini-kettle lead plug for that country, i.e. 2 pin for USA, 3 pin for UK)
jyuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by jyuk)
Just checked on ebay and found this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=41002

OOOo, and I came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=41002
iRiver

So wot do u think?
Someone please have a look at these. I'm desperate to know some opinions.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jyuk)
Someone please have a look at these. I'm desperate to know some opinions.
Don't get the iRiver, get an iPod

And that iPod looks ok and it's unused, also the dude selling it has good comments.
jyuk
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
Don't get the iRiver, get an iPod

And that iPod looks ok and it's unused, also the dude selling it has good comments.
Okay. ipod it is then, now i just have to pester my rents to get it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (73)
19.73%
Labour (178)
48.11%
Liberal Democrats (52)
14.05%
Green Party (22)
5.95%
Brexit Party (5)
1.35%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.81%
SNP (8)
2.16%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.81%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.62%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)