The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

IQ accommodation for 1st years

I'll be joining Leeds Uni in sept 2014 and I'm not 100% on any accommodation as I need to be in one suitable for nursing. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in IQ before as a 1st year and knows what it is like and whether it was very noisy or not?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by bel4848
I'll be joining Leeds Uni in sept 2014 and I'm not 100% on any accommodation as I need to be in one suitable for nursing. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in IQ before as a 1st year and knows what it is like and whether it was very noisy or not?
Thanks!

IQ has separate blocks which go from Loud Freshers block, mixed loud and quiet and a separate quiet block so you can choose one that suits you most.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm a second year and one of my friends decided to live over there in 2nd year so I've been over for predrinks a few times. The flats are incredibly nice and SO much cheaper than halls. I heard they can be a bit strict with sound after a certain time but if you choose a loud block it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My friend who lives there was saying he got to see a little bit about the people who were living where and he could choose what type of people he wanted to live with. My advice would be to try and live with first years from either Leeds Uni or Leeds Met as you're going to have a similar lifestyle with work and going out, also if you end up living with a bunch of 2nd or 3rd years they might already have their friendship groups and may be less inclined to grow close to their flatmates whereas if you're all first years you'll all be in the same boat and it'll make it all less daunting.

Although my top advice would be to go into a uni accommodation so you are literally all in the same position. I thought the medics and nurses usually ended up being put together in halls?

Quick Reply