The Student Room Group

Sheffield vs Queen Mary

I've got an offer for Dental MAterials Science MSc in Sheffield as well as Queen Mary. Please help me decide.
Original post by JayantiMendhi
I've got an offer for Dental MAterials Science MSc in Sheffield as well as Queen Mary. Please help me decide.

Queen Mary bcz its excellent for dentistry, located in London, very well reputation.
Reply 2
Original post by boyinthebox
Queen Mary bcz its excellent for dentistry, located in London, very well reputation.

How sure are you about this? Because I've checked the ratings for both Universities online for Dentistry. And I think Sheffield has a better rank. Do you have any personal experiences?
Reply 3
Original post by JayantiMendhi
How sure are you about this? Because I've checked the ratings for both Universities online for Dentistry. And I think Sheffield has a better rank. Do you have any personal experiences?

You are right about Sheffield having the higher rank, according to the CUG. But Barts and the London have a higher score for research assessment(not sure if that is useful for your MSc), I've also heard that it would be getting new facilities, which could benefit you. It also has a small dental school, which may mean more personalised attention.
I think what is most important is that you find out more about the course in each uni and see which one will suit you more, as it is better to go to a school that can help you learn more about the subject as opposed to which one has the better reputation.
Reply 4
Original post by 1drowssap
You are right about Sheffield having the higher rank, according to the CUG. But Barts and the London have a higher score for research assessment(not sure if that is useful for your MSc), I've also heard that it would be getting new facilities, which could benefit you. It also has a small dental school, which may mean more personalised attention.
I think what is most important is that you find out more about the course in each uni and see which one will suit you more, as it is better to go to a school that can help you learn more about the subject as opposed to which one has the better reputation.

That is correct. Thank you so much for your help. :smile:
Reply 5
I'm joining Sheffield, for Dental Materials. :smile:
Reply 6
Go to Queen Mary, the lecturers are amazing. Dr Patel is head of materials science and she's lovely!

Quick Reply

Latest