The Student Room Group

Dark circles under eyes

This may seem trivial to most people but after about ten years of it happening constantly, I'm starting to get a bit fed up.

I have very bad dark circles under my eyes and have since my early teens. I think I must hereditarily have thin skin under my eyes however, they didn't used to be like this and it can't be 'normal'. For the last five years I've been using this dark circle concealer to help reduce them but it doesn't do it that well, only reduces them very slightly. I've become almost reliant on them and I'm getting tired. I went to work yesterday and people kept asking if I'd been punched in the eye as it was that dark looking. It is effecting my self esteem and making me self concious.

What could I do to reduce them? I've literaly tried everything.
Reply 1
Invest in a good eye cream (specifically designed to brighten under eyes) which should long term help to reduce the issue. Use a colour correcting peach pink toner concealer to cancel out the dark colours, top this with a brightening concealer if necessary.

Make sure you get plenty of sleep and are really hydrated.
Under your concealer wear a powder highlighter, works for me :biggrin:

It really does reduce the appearance of them considerably.

Dark circles are often caused by a blocked nose - weird right? Use something like beconase, that's also helped me.

Apart from that, drink lots of water, few refined sugars and loads of green veg :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'm a guy so have no clue about 'concealers' etc. What do I look for? Brands? I have tanned skin, asian in colour. I don't want people to realise I've got makeup on! What shades do I look for?
Have proper sleep, and get any medicated cream for it, as eyes or face is very sensitive part , we must use good products for it.
Get some good sleep, use the Garnier under eye BB cream if it's that bad. Get a colour that's a little paler than your skin or the same colour so it blends in properly. Or, use aloe vera and honey under your eyes before you sleep p.s. aloe is itchy.
Reply 6
Dark circles mostly due to lack of sleep and stress, drink lot of water, sleep at proper, if it is too much dark just consult a doctor that would help you out.
Get surgery? Its the only way
Surgery will permenantly zap them.
Reply 9
I wouldn't listen to the people suggesting surgery, sleep, plenty of water..and relaxing will help. Other than that invest in an under eye cream.
Reply 10
Do you exercise?
Do you stare a lot at the computer screen?
Do you drink a reasonable amount of water?
What does your sleeping pattern look like?

Quick Reply

Latest