biology unifiying concept/central concepts Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
any idea what is likely to come up in the biology unifiying concept/central concepts exams?
Freakazoid!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
ducks
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
probably nitrogen
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
wot u need 2 do is lok up the past 3 papers and from there make a list of what hasn't come up.

does anyone know wot was on the january paper? I dont have that one :-(
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
In Jan, these were mainly the topics:
DNA inc. base substitution and a bit on sickle cell anaemia
Photosynthesis, and how temp. affects therate. (The rate rate was measured in how long it took for spinach leaf discs to float. Is this due to the oxygen produced?)
Also, there was the experiment to measure the rate of photosynthesis, and you had to name the advantages and disadvantages of 2 methods. (A-whole apparatus weighed at intervals, or ona balance which allows a continuous record. The mass loss is recorded. Oil prevents evaporation. B- Time taken for the water meniscus to move a measured distance towards the shoot is recorded.)
The essay question is- Discuss the importance of water in the life of plants.
Effect of blood pressure on kidney function.
Negative feedback
Vasoconstriction
The way te leaves of 2 species differ, and competition
Constant variables
Water-logged and well-drained soil with 2 species growing separately and together.

That's it
1 of the questions was what is selection and how a new DNA nucleotide may become common by chance. What would you answer for this, esp. for the definition?

By the way, I think kidney has a good chance of coming up. It also wasn't in the Jan paper of central concepts at all.
Does anyone know what topics were on the Jan 2002 paper?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (141)
46.08%
Pro-humanity (165)
53.92%

Watched Threads