help with gcse chemistry specification

Watch
Zayde
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...02-W-SP-14.PDF is this everything that will come up on my chemistry exam, people are saying the specification tells me everything that will come up on my exam, but it miss out a a lot and seems unlikely they would publish whats on the exam. please help confused dont want to learn this if it not on my exam
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Yep, everything on the specification is what they can ask you about in the exam dependent on the unit being sat.

They don't always ask about everything on there but they usually ask about what's on the spec only and if something seems foreign, it's usually because they want you to apply your knowledge.

Hope that helps
StayCoolGuys
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
The specification tells you everything that can possibly come up on your exam, so to answer your question, it would be worth your time to learn everything on it.

I suggest creating notes using each bullet points in the specification thus creating notes which will have everything you will be tested on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Zayde
Rep:
thank you so much, so would you say it i used the spec to revise and not my revision guide at all i would people able to get an A, like do i need background info and stuff, obvs ill have a little bit from lessons but i really do not remember most of it. but yeah so basically can i just use spec to revise.
smozsolution
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zayde)
thank you so much, so would you say it i used the spec to revise and not my revision guide at all i would people able to get an A, like do i need background info and stuff, obvs ill have a little bit from lessons but i really do not remember most of it. but yeah so basically can i just use spec to revise.
Not really, the best method is using the spec with another source whether that's youtube, a revision guide or a website with notes on it.

That way, you're learning enough to get a high grade like an A.
Zayde
Rep:
(Original post by smozsolution)
Not really, the best method is using the spec with another source whether that's youtube, a revision guide or a website with notes on it.

That way, you're learning enough to get a high grade like an A.

Thanks you so much, cleared everyhting up for me
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Zayde)
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...02-W-SP-14.PDF is this everything that will come up on my chemistry exam, people are saying the specification tells me everything that will come up on my exam, but it miss out a a lot and seems unlikely they would publish whats on the exam. please help confused dont want to learn this if it not on my exam
The specification tells you all the topics they are allowed to examine you on, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that learning the specification gets you good marks. The specification is a check-list - nothing more, nothing less. The specification details all the topics you need to know, but it doesn't necessarily include all the facts you need to know; you will need to know things in more depth than the specification. In addition, you need to be able to apply this knowledge. Anybody can recall facts, but only the intelligent can apply it. Simply memorising the specification will not help you with this application.

Use the specification as a check that you've covered all the areas you need to learn. But definitely do not use it as your main revision tool.
Zayde
Rep:
(Original post by Chlorophile)
The specification tells you all the topics they are allowed to examine you on, but don't fall into the trap of thinking that learning the specification gets you good marks. The specification is a check-list - nothing more, nothing less. The specification details all the topics you need to know, but it doesn't necessarily include all the facts you need to know; you will need to know things in more depth than the specification. In addition, you need to be able to apply this knowledge. Anybody can recall facts, but only the intelligent can apply it. Simply memorising the specification will not help you with this application.

Use the specification as a check that you've covered all the areas you need to learn. But definitely do not use it as your main revision tool.
okay thanks haha, just as i was copying bullet points from the spec lol glad u told me what i was doing wrong early
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (35)
7.31%
October 2021 (218)
45.51%
November 2021 (54)
11.27%
December 2021 (62)
12.94%
January 2021 (54)
11.27%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.56%