The Student Room Group

Please help in desperate need!

Im going to get most likely 4 c's, ive got my ukat test to come is there any possibility i can get into a medicine course?
No chance with Cs at AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Does it help if I get good in my ukat test, oh and whats like the lowest grades universities would accept for medicine including some of the worst universities!
Medicine is very competitive so with 4 C's it's unlikely
It looks pretty unlikely.
Original post by string210
Does it help if I get good in my ukat test, oh and whats like the lowest grades universities would accept for medicine including some of the worst universities!

There are no 'worst universities' for medicine. No score in UKCAT will compensate for 4 Cs.
Reply 6
What would i need to bring it up to in a levels to get to study medicine then?
Reply 7
What would i need to bring it up to in a levels to get to study medicine then?

Best chance is apply during a gap year with good A2 grades. Most med schools ask AAA or more.

Also make sure you have plenty of work experience since it's pretty mandatory for med
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
So no chance at all with 4cs what about if i managed to get 4b's is it still possible to study medicine! They say top med schools want aaa minimum so what do lower ranked med schools want?
Reply 9
4 Bs will still be very unlikely. You'll be against students who got AAAA at AS with high UKCAT scores. You need to show very clear ability that you can get all As and you probably won't get to interviews with much lower.
So no chance at all with 4cs what about if i managed to get 4b's is it still possible to study medicine! They say top med schools want aaa minimum so what do lower ranked med schools want?

There aren't any lower ranked medical schools. All medical qualifications are the same because they are very strictly regulated. Look at the threads in the medicine forum to see what you are going to need. 4 Bs won't cut it either.
Reply 11

There is no lower ranked medicine. Since medicine is such an important subject, all courses have to be approved by a board, hence most unis will pretty much teach the same thing. The lowest you find is AAA

You probably want At leas 2 A's at AS I would say to stand a good chance. Medicine is extremely popular (since out pretty much guaranteed a well paid job if you succeed + interesting) so everyone will have really good grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest