I need helPPP GUYS ! Watch

rayam dunya
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm revising conformity for psychology AS and there's ,two different studies for conformity like majority influence by Asch, and conformity to social roles by Zimbardo, so in the exam will they ask you to discuss any research for conformity or a specific one like majority influence or conformity to social roles ?? and does this apply to every other topic in psychology too ??
Nirgilis
  • Study Helper
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Moved to Psychology help . They may be more able to help you :yep:
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rayam dunya)
I'm revising conformity for psychology AS and there's ,two different studies for conformity like majority influence by Asch, and conformity to social roles by Zimbardo, so in the exam will they ask you to discuss any research for conformity or a specific one like majority influence or conformity to social roles ?? and does this apply to every other topic in psychology too ??
usually the questions are quite general so asking you to discuss research into conformity and you can usually include anything underneath that banner so to speak. i would also say that this is usually the case for most topics across AS psychology. to be extra sure though you could look at past papers to see what the questions are like.
rayam dunya
Rep:
?
(Original post by tgwktm)
usually the questions are quite general so asking you to discuss research into conformity and you can usually include anything underneath that banner so to speak. i would also say that this is usually the case for most topics across AS psychology. to be extra sure though you could look at past papers to see what the questions are like.
Ok thanks , I've looked at all the paper questions and most of them don't ask for specific*studies so Ill just focus one study for each topic ,but does this mean they will never ask for specific studies seeing as all the past papers don't ?
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok thanks , I've looked at all the paper questions and most of them don't ask for specific*studies so Ill just focus one study for each topic ,but does this mean they will never ask for specific studies seeing as all the past papers don't ?
I guess so, although i can't say for sure
lemonysnicketing
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure Milgram comes under obedience rather than conformity?

If you're referring to AQA A, then I recall seeing Milgram's study being specifically stated in one of the past papers in relation to ethical issues. Definitely make sure you know both of the studies. Generally though, questions seem to be 'Outline (or outline and evaluate) research into conformity/obedience.'
rayam dunya
Rep:
?
okay thank you that's great ,I don't need to memorise so many studies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%