Anyone else failing English Literature GCSE?

Watch this thread
Virolite
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Argh, anyone got any tips for English Literature, feeling like a bit of a let down atm as I am targeted As but I'm getting Us in my mocks D:
chukster97
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 8 years ago
seeing you have no replys. guess no one is
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I'm failing as well got a D in my mock, in fact I just scraped a D which makes it even worse. We also haven't finished reading one of the books we're examined on, I have to read it by myself and I don't know how I'm going to self-teach.
Mattwebberley
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I know exactly how you feel . What exam board are you on?
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
i haven't technically failed, but i feel if i were to sit one that i'd get a U, honestly..
Black Rose
Report 8 years ago
I haven't taken any mocks so I don't know. But judging by the teaching, I think I may fail my exam too :sad: But I'm happy with my coursework grade.

Use mrbruff youtube channel. I'm starting to use it for Romeo and Juliet. I think he does English Lit + Lang. So i'm sure he's studied different novels
Virolite
Rep:
Ahh well it's good to see I'm not the only one finding this course hard. What are your target grades guys and has anyone got any tips for revision etc
Bobjim12
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by KaiVally)
Ahh well it's good to see I'm not the only one finding this course hard. What are your target grades guys and has anyone got any tips for revision etc
Lol. Mine's an A*. But i've always done terrible since yr 7
Carpe Diem Jay
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Argh, anyone got any tips for English Literature, feeling like a bit of a let down atm as I am targeted As but I'm getting Us in my mocks D:
I'm predicted an A as well, and yet I've barely pass the essay questions we get.

I intend to study Eng Lit at A-level, need an A to get into my dream sixth form so yeah... It's all bloody messed up right now :/

One of the problems I think I have is lack of notes.

We're doing iGCSE English Literature, Cambridge board, and it's all very new. There aren't any notes on the short stories (prose) that we're being tested on. Sucks.
Virolite
Rep:
Damn that's really messed up, so do you reckon you're gonna pull it off and come out of the exam with you're target grade or not? Personally I think I should be able to but there's always that feeling of uncertainty when I think about it :/
Angelo12231
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Damn that's really messed up, so do you reckon you're gonna pull it off and come out of the exam with you're target grade or not? Personally I think I should be able to but there's always that feeling of uncertainty when I think about it :/
haaa im getting an A* , all english lit is, is it is just knowing some context and knowing meanings of words and purpose of the words, the effect of the reader and why the author done this. Most of this could be made up and still be made believable if your clever about it
Virolite
Rep:
(Original post by Angelo12231)
haaa im getting an A* , all english lit is, is it is just knowing some context and knowing meanings of words and purpose of the words, the effect of the reader and why the author done this. Most of this could be made up and still be made believable if your clever about it
Alright smart pants But dude seriously how do you do it? Like I am relatively smart but it's just the structures and the books I am studying are just ugh

Btw what books and poem anthology are you studying?
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
I want an A so much!!! But mum wants me to get an A* and my teacher gives me Bs/As :-S

Posted from TSR Mobile
lawrencefrape1
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
The English literature is the one I'm least likely to get A* in, although if I learn all the poems, short stories and the play set text, I think it's doable. Anyway, for the set text - The Tempest by the way -, you organise the story into themes. I have: Magic / illusion, Impermanence / transience, Artifice, Nature / natural, Noble and gentle, Reconciliation and mercy, Power/ruling, Revenge/Violence, Love. If you do this, you will have some idea what to write about in the actual exam.
Angelo12231
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
Alright smart pants But dude seriously how do you do it? Like I am relatively smart but it's just the structures and the books I am studying are just ugh

Btw what books and poem anthology are you studying?
Im studying moon of the tides anthology and exploring the conflict cluster .Books are of mice and men and inspector calls, WHAT ABOUT YOU
username1333513
Rep:
Report 8 years ago
anyone here studying macbeth and/or animal farm?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
16.48%
The paper was reasonable (176)
49.16%
Not feeling great about that exam... (88)
24.58%
It was TERRIBLE (35)
9.78%

Watched Threads