The Student Room Group

Teenage problems

Hiya! I'm a girl teenager and I need help & fast!
I'm going on holiday in two days...which means I will be wearing swimwear I guess.
So my problem is that I have spots on my back, not a lot just a few, but it's really bugging me! Before anyone says anything I am on medication for spots, but they don't work so well, and I have this special cream as well but that doesn't seem to be doing much!
I don't want to wear swimwear and let everyone see them, so any suggestions on how to reduce them? or how to cover them up? bearing in mind that if I were to put make up on my back it will probably come off in water!
I know most teens have this problem, it's very annoying :/

Thank you! :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I would probably just wear a light T shirt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Wear a T shirt, will protect against sunburn too.
Reply 3
I'd say that you shouldn't really worry about it! A lot of teens have spots on their backs and I honestly don't think that it should be stopping you from wearing swimwear by the beach, I don't think people will notice!! But have a look at some different creams in stores or maybe wear a light layer on top and then take it off when you want to swim?

Have fun on holiday xx
Reply 4
People will not be looking about the spots on your back. Go in the sea because salt water helps and so does the sun. Have fun :smile:
Reply 5

I will definitely try all of these things that you guys have suggested! Thank you for your support.
And yes I suppose that no one will really
notice but it's just the thing of being self -conscious! I know that most teens suffer so I suppose I won’t let it get in my way!

Btw, has anyone here experienced this? If so does it clear as you age?

One last thing- does anyone else find it hard to type on here? It keeps missing out letters !

Thank you again! You’re all so niceJ

difficult to know if it will go away with age if we haven't got a clear idea what those spots look like and are but honestly a few shouldn't matter. People aren't at the beach to gawk at each others backs :lol:
Reply 7
Haha yeah I know, I’m just an awkward person though xD
Reply 8
Its only spots people aren't that bothered, and your going on holiday, you'll most likely never see these people again, so who cares what other people think. Just get In the water, you'll be fine.
One thing that will help is the salt water from the sea, they will help clear up your spots pretty quickly :smile:
UK teenagers have problems? :lol: You're all spoilt.
Reply 11
Who says we're spoilt? aha we're not... well I'm not that's for sure!
Reply 12
Wear a kaftan: it will both cover your back and look fashionable :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Abdul-Karim
UK teenagers have problems? :lol: You're all spoilt.

What's so funny about UK teenagers having problems?
Reply 14
Original post by typicalteen

Btw, has anyone here experienced this? If so does it clear as you age?

Yeah, as everyone else has said, it happens to most people, you can wear a cover-up or t-shirt or something if you'll be more comfortable but I wouldn't stress too much. I had it quite badly when I was 14-15 and it cleared up with my face last year (I'm 18 now), I tried a lot of skin pills and gels and stuff that didn't work, but eventually changing contraception worked for me :smile:
T shirt is good option
Reply 16
I'm so glad to hear it will clear, that gives me some re-assurance! Thanks for for all your help:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest