Is homosexuality natural?

Watch
Revolutionizer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It's a debatable question and both sides of the argument have good points.
crayz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Revolutionizer)
Sometimes people forget that people too are part of nature so anything we do is natural.
Revolutionizer
Rep:
?
(Original post by crayz)
Sometimes people forget that people too are part of nature so anything we do is natural.
nature
ˈneɪtʃə/

noun
noun: nature; plural noun: natures

the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Define natural! I don't think homosexuality is something people try to develop or do so artifically. Whether, in an environment where all other influencing factors were neutral, homosexuality would still occur, I don't know. But the fact is that we don't live in such an environment so we have to talk about what is "natural" in context of the millions of factors which might influence a tendency towards homosexuality - family, upbringing, society's values, etc - and consider that in themselves, they are natural. That's my analysis anyway.
crayz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
nature
ˈneɪtʃə/

noun
noun: nature; plural noun: natures

the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.
Okay well if that is nature then whether it happens in nature is a stupid question, i mean why does it even matter what animals and plants do?
Revolutionizer
Rep:
?
(Original post by crayz)
Okay well if that is nature then whether it happens in nature is a stupid question, i mean why does it even matter what animals and plants do?
Are you even reading it? We too are included in nature? Do you suggest humans are not natural? I'm talking about whether homosexuality in humans is natural.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, homosexuality is not natural. Men are to go with women.
james22
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As opposed to what? You if mean nature vs nurture, I really don't know and I'm not sure anyone really knows the causes.
crayz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Are you even reading it? We too are included in nature? Do you suggest humans are not natural? I'm talking about whether homosexuality in humans is natural.
You just said in your definition of nature

as opposed to humans or human creations.
Lady Comstock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
"Natural" is a subjective word. However, homosexuality appears throughout nature (if one considers studies on homosexuality in other species).

Even if this thread gets to page 12 and it is concluded that homosexuality is not natural, what is wrong with unnatural things? The computer you are typing on, and which benefits so many aspects of your life, can be considered unnatural.

So, there is nothing inherently wrong with something being "natural" or "unnatural" and the definitions of these terms is subjective. It's therefore a pointless debate to have.
RandZul'Zorander
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Really? This has been done so many times. Hasn't TSR gotten past this point? Who care's if its 'natural'? Something being natural is completely irrelevant to its value, merit, worth, or whatever you want to call it.
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abdul-Karim)
Who says?
KingCrab
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is chiefly responsible for the spread of HIV. Defiently a dangerous lifestyle.

1 in 7 gay men in london have HIV.
WanderingWorrier
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh? So it's artificial then? I'm genuinely curious, how do two totally straight parents create a homosexual child?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
Who says?
Mother nature.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Homosexuality is natural in that it occurs in nature. Just ask bonobos.

Antibiotics, religion and the Internet are not natural, yet those who claim homosexuality is unnatural have no problem with such things.
WanderingWorrier
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lady Comstock)
Who says?
His religion :rolleyes:

'If my religion says it then it must be true!' :rolleyes:
WanderingWorrier
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
Homosexuality is natural in that it occurs in nature. Just ask bonobos.

Antibiotics, religion and the Internet are not natural, yet those who claim homosexuality is unnatural have no problem with such things.
Good point :lol: I'd love to see a religious person argue their way out of that xD
manchesterunited15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So do people choose to become gay?
Lady Comstock
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Mother nature.
And yet she chooses to have heterosexual parents birth a child who innately "goes" with people of the same sex?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (26)
18.31%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (40)
28.17%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (76)
53.52%

Watched Threads