Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's a debatable question and both sides of the argument have good points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revolutionizer)
    Sometimes people forget that people too are part of nature so anything we do is natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crayz)
    Sometimes people forget that people too are part of nature so anything we do is natural.
    nature
    ˈneɪtʃə/

noun
    noun: nature; plural noun: natures

the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.

ReputationRep:
    Define natural! I don't think homosexuality is something people try to develop or do so artifically. Whether, in an environment where all other influencing factors were neutral, homosexuality would still occur, I don't know. But the fact is that we don't live in such an environment so we have to talk about what is "natural" in context of the millions of factors which might influence a tendency towards homosexuality - family, upbringing, society's values, etc - and consider that in themselves, they are natural. That's my analysis anyway.

ReputationRep:
    nature
    ˈneɪtʃə/

noun
    noun: nature; plural noun: natures

the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations.
    Okay well if that is nature then whether it happens in nature is a stupid question, i mean why does it even matter what animals and plants do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crayz)
    Okay well if that is nature then whether it happens in nature is a stupid question, i mean why does it even matter what animals and plants do?
    Are you even reading it? We too are included in nature? Do you suggest humans are not natural? I'm talking about whether homosexuality in humans is natural.

ReputationRep:
    No, homosexuality is not natural. Men are to go with women.

ReputationRep:
    As opposed to what? You if mean nature vs nurture, I really don't know and I'm not sure anyone really knows the causes.

ReputationRep:
    Are you even reading it? We too are included in nature? Do you suggest humans are not natural? I'm talking about whether homosexuality in humans is natural.
    You just said in your definition of nature

as opposed to humans or human creations.

ReputationRep:
    "Natural" is a subjective word. However, homosexuality appears throughout nature (if one considers studies on homosexuality in other species).

Even if this thread gets to page 12 and it is concluded that homosexuality is not natural, what is wrong with unnatural things? The computer you are typing on, and which benefits so many aspects of your life, can be considered unnatural.

So, there is nothing inherently wrong with something being "natural" or "unnatural" and the definitions of these terms is subjective. It's therefore a pointless debate to have.

ReputationRep:
    Really? This has been done so many times. Hasn't TSR gotten past this point? Who care's if its 'natural'? Something being natural is completely irrelevant to its value, merit, worth, or whatever you want to call it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Who says?

ReputationRep:
    It is chiefly responsible for the spread of HIV. Defiently a dangerous lifestyle.

1 in 7 gay men in london have HIV.

ReputationRep:
    Oh? So it's artificial then? I'm genuinely curious, how do two totally straight parents create a homosexual child?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Who says?
    Mother nature.

ReputationRep:
    Homosexuality is natural in that it occurs in nature. Just ask bonobos.

Antibiotics, religion and the Internet are not natural, yet those who claim homosexuality is unnatural have no problem with such things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Who says?
    His religion :rolleyes:

'If my religion says it then it must be true!' :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Homosexuality is natural in that it occurs in nature. Just ask bonobos.

Antibiotics, religion and the Internet are not natural, yet those who claim homosexuality is unnatural have no problem with such things.
    Good point :lol: I'd love to see a religious person argue their way out of that xD

ReputationRep:
    So do people choose to become gay?

ReputationRep:
    Mother nature.
    And yet she chooses to have heterosexual parents birth a child who innately "goes" with people of the same sex?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.