nelsonslatts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
When I went for my interview to study PGCE lifelong learning I was told I could apply for a student loan to cover the tuition fees.

But I've just spoken with student loans company and they said this isn't correct but she didn't seem sure on the phone.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

many thanks
elldeegee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you are doing a Primary or Secondary PGCE you get a tuition fee loan.
Tbh I didn't even know you could do a PGCE in only sixth form and further education, but I can't understand why it would be any different to the other PGCEs. Unless you have already done a form of ITT.
beautifulbigmacs
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Training to teach in the post compulsory sector is such a minefield because there is yet to be a standard qualification available in that there are pgce, pgde, dtlls qualifications. They are all priced and taught differently and there is so much conflicting information about funding.

I was initially going to train to teach in the post compulsory sector but due to the above factors it leaves too much to be desired at the moment. As a result of this I am hoping to do a secondary pgce because I feel that this will give me more options anyway.

I don't know if this is helpful and I can't answer your question exactly but I can totally empathise with the content of your op in terms of the inconsistent information out there in terms of finding a post compulsory teaching qualification.
vicks1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am also looking at post compulsory education, I did the student finance calculator online which said they would give me finance for all of my 3 choices.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads