The Student Room Group

Any students/young people here running their own business?

Scroll to see replies

Currently I sell bags and shoes. I buy here in the UK when stuff are on sale and ship international. But I want to open a female boutique. But I don't have experience in fashion designing etc but I've got great fashion ideas and can put pieces together. Can anyone please advise me on what to do and possibly designers within the UK cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Currently just doing binary options and trading in low amounts. Turned $250 into $418.60 in the last two days :smile:

If anyone's actually interested and can invest $250/£250 of their own money into their own account, hit me up :smile:

Know someone who's offering a weeks worth of free signals that have helped massively
Reply 62
edit: just completed a trade to put me up to $442.51 :P :smile:
Original post by Dee Leigh
Anyone else?

I am thinking about starting a business in the future...

Hi Dee,

I run my own health and skincare business. I have built a network 90% of my business just by using social media and now have a team who work with me also.

I don't know your plans but bear in mind social changes.

Any questions let me know! :smile:
I also run my own business through social media, I started around 3 months ago and it's going really well. I managed to cut my full time job to 20hrs per week, giving me more time to spend with family at home. I never thought I'd ever get paid to use social media, welcome to 2015. If anyone is thinking about starting their own business I would seriously recommend you to use social media as much as you possibly can. PM for details or advice on how to get started and I will let you know the steps I took for my business and how it has improved my customer flow.
I run a small law firm.:smile:
used to sell snacks in secondary school. i was ballin then
I want to go into a partnership. someone holla at me if interested.

Education is not for me.
Original post by YouniqueCherry
I also run my own business through social media, I started around 3 months ago and it's going really well. I managed to cut my full time job to 20hrs per week, giving me more time to spend with family at home. I never thought I'd ever get paid to use social media, welcome to 2015. If anyone is thinking about starting their own business I would seriously recommend you to use social media as much as you possibly can. PM for details or advice on how to get started and I will let you know the steps I took for my business and how it has improved my customer flow.

Let me work for you.
A few weeks ago, I personally started an online retail store called Stylefierce.co.uk and it is doing quite well. My entrepreneurial journey started when I created a business plan for my MA module after which I decided to implement the business idea as part of my final project.
Hi there

Yes. I am in the process of launching my own company. Obviously depending on what you want to do there is a variety of ways of doing this. I have found the hardest part is balancing time between uni/the company/trying to have a life! It's emotional and tiring but I love it.
I hope you do decide to do it. Make sure you have a good support network and someone you can go to for advice. Then you are all good. Depends where you are in the world but in Scotland we have Business Gateway/First Port/Scottish Institute of Enterprise....loads of support so it is a great place to launch something :smile:
I'm in the process of starting a business too. it's a fashion brand but I'm going to start off by selling other clothes from wholesalers first to build up a bit of a reputation. I'll also be designing my own stuff soon and selling that too. If anyone's interested or wants to get involved PM me. I'm also in need it some advice from anyone who's been through the whole startup process, especially the legal side (trademarking).
Reply 72
Hi guys, could I have a bit of help please.:colondollar: I am doing a questionnaire for English to find out how young people in 2015/16 are feeling about their futures. If you could answer I would be really happy. I will post the results here in Jan for you all to see!!:biggrin:1| "What do you desire most in life?"2| "What do you do to lift your spirits when feeling down?"3| "What online networks do you use to empower yourselves?"4| "If you could be told an amazing piece of advice with regards to your future what would it be?"5| "Do you feel capable of achieving you dreams" - Why/whynot?6| "What do you usually do to motivate yourself and chase your goals?Thank you so much guys!!
So I got a couple of apps now in the app market, and this is my first business of many hopefully, and I want to have a large app portfolio and other things too, does anyone who first starts of their business after the initial buzz and excitement, get nervous and well I realised you need a lot of self motivation which I have but to live a life of passive income which is what I want is harder than I thought but being at the age of 19 I realised I'm a risk taker but let's hope it goes well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dee Leigh
Fashion/Beauty/Lifestyle/Style/Politics/Travel.

And I'd want to do it online.

Did you eventually start up your business?
There are quite a few good ideas on this thread. But it's all about the execution. Most ideas, no matter how brilliant, don't see the light of day.
Original post by Runninground
I've got an ecommerce store but I am trying to flog it as I can't really be bothered with it.

ill take over
Whats the latest with everyone's projects? :biggrin:
My 14yr old runs her own business, and this week has been dealing with quality control and supply chain issues. I didn't really appreciate how much groundwork she'd done, until she suddenly started to scale it up. She's got people wait listing for her product, so she's got to work that one out for herself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending