The Student Room Group

Straight Acting Bisexual/Gay guys & coming out when you get to University!

Scroll to see replies

I'm Bi (good to say that aloud XD), but I don't go shoving it down everyone's throat, I don't deny it or preach it I just love people... Nobody at my School knows about me except a certain few, but then again I'm not the typical camp guy (I do a few martial arts and am not effeminate at all). My family on my Mum's side know and are okay with it but my family on my dad's side don't know nor do my parents, I'd feel embarrassed if I told them...
Dont worry about ruinned friendships , if someone is your real friend accepts you ,the real you . and your sexuality. Dont worry about bullying or haters. I know there are gay or bisexual guys out there that are not too ornot at all flamboyant .If you are about to come ouut then make sure your parents are not homophobic and if they are there is a small chance that if they dont accept you right away before they accept you they may take you some privilages thinking that 'it is just a phase' e they could take you your pc or car or try to get in the way of you meeting with your friends .There are not a lot of chances of these happening cause a. you are 18 = an adult and they see you more mature now and independed , you are not 15 which would make the situation harder and because of b THEY LOVE YOU so sooner or later they will accept you. I suggest you first come out to your friends and parents and siblings , the people close to you, after them if everything goesright and you have someone to trust you can come out to the rest of the people when you are ready , and be then considered 'openly bisexual/gay' .I hope you the best
i don't really like to label myself, but I recently came out to friends and family. I had suffered for a year with depression and anxiety until it got to breaking point. I nearly dropped out of uni I dropped my sport which I loved I represented GB. This all because I was trying to suppress who I was! It drove me insane. The only dilemma I have now as I go into my last year of university is telling my housemates. Some think telling your family is the hardest(which it can be), but living with 5 typical "lads". I'm terrified what their reaction may be and what this next year will be like when I've come out. I just want to start living my life and stop pretending. But I have no idea how to approach telling them. I was tempted to message them before uni telling them but don't know if that's the right way. Makes it hardered because they use the term "gay" in such a derogatory manner with them often using the words faggot or puff. Does this mean they are homophobic? Please give me some guidance on what to do.
i have gender identity issues (i dont think i fit in the binary) but i seriously doubt i will be able to do anything about my attraction to men, i dont really want to be with men 'as a guy' and i cant explain how i feel, so imma have to shove that part of me down into my chest
would love to find a secret gay boyfriend in chester
Reply 25
The whole straight acting things is stupid. Get over yourself, loser.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Yeah I prefer straight acting so hard to find them at my age tho (17) because everyone's not out or camp
Hi how are you
Original post by shoogle
The phrase straight acting makes me want to vomit all over myself.

That aside, there are plenty of gay and bisexual men who are not camp. Seriously. There. Are. Plenty. But unless you put yourself in a situation where you are more likely to meet more gay and bisexual men then you're unlikely to a. meet those men and b. know that they are gay or bisexual.

Thank you for this. The whole "straight acting" thing is so, so toxic. Then again, so is the whole idea of being "masc".

I'm gay, and came out when I was 15, and now I'm 25. Knew I was gay since I was 12, and although I'm seen as "masc", I don't choose to act like that. It's just how I am. For me, my sexuality is just a fraction of who I am, I don't make it my whole identity unlike some gays and the majority of straight men....
That said, I'm not that picky. I'm a whore tbh 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest