lottieN
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Booking my accommodation this week just need some last opinions to help me make up my mind!! Studying childhood studies at headingley campus cant decided between kirkstall or opal 1/2 im not bothered about having an en suite so kirkstalls still an option for me. Anyone else studying at headingley but staying at opal? Im heading more towards ataying at kirkstall cause alot of people feom headingley campus seem to be staying there...but opals closer to the city and seemsbmore social???
Reuben F
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kirkstall is cheaper/closer and you will end up saving a lot more money. Opal is more flat parties (this year anyway) and yea its closer to the city.

Lets take that info and break it down.

Distance-
Kirkstall is roughly a 30 minute walk from Headingley and you will be walking there a lot more. All your shopping can be done at the Morrisons which is 3 minutes away.

Opal is closer to the city but its about 45 minutes away from Campus. If you think about it, you will be walking to Headingley a lot more than you walk to the City.

On nights out, you would take a taxi to the city anyway and its not a huge difference.

Cost-
Kirkstall is cheaper and as a student you need all the money you can get (More money=more alcohol)

Social Life-
There are lesser flat parties in Kirkstall this year but that can always change next year.

I'd stick with Kirkstall if I was you. I live in Kirkstall and I cant complain.
lottieN
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Reuben F)
Kirkstall is cheaper/closer and you will end up saving a lot more money. Opal is more flat parties (this year anyway) and yea its closer to the city.

Lets take that info and break it down.

Distance-
Kirkstall is roughly a 30 minute walk from Headingley and you will be walking there a lot more. All your shopping can be done at the Morrisons which is 3 minutes away.

Opal is closer to the city but its about 45 minutes away from Campus. If you think about it, you will be walking to Headingley a lot more than you walk to the City.

On nights out, you would take a taxi to the city anyway and its not a huge difference.

Cost-
Kirkstall is cheaper and as a student you need all the money you can get (More money=more alcohol)

Social Life-
There are lesser flat parties in Kirkstall this year but that can always change next year.

I'd stick with Kirkstall if I was you. I live in Kirkstall and I cant complain.
Thankyou that helped! Think I am going to go to kirkstall because at least ill definatly be with people rrom my campus. Booking tomorrow
Reuben F
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lottieN)
Thankyou that helped! Think I am going to go to kirkstall because at least ill definatly be with people rrom my campus. Booking tomorrow
Im glad I could help. Kirkstall is pretty fun depending on your flatmates and other hall mates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (95)
59.38%
Yes- I don't like it (9)
5.63%
No- I want it (46)
28.75%
No- I don't want it (10)
6.25%

Watched Threads