Leeds accommodation... Henry Price or Devonshire? Watch

Ethan Bennett
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'll be studying Graphic Design at Leeds from September and am applying for accommodation. I can't choose between Henry Price and Devonshire. I haven't been on an accommodation open day so haven't seen them.

Devonshire looks like a good location for student living and has loads on offer, but I'm worried about what people think of people who go to Devonshire, even if I'll be applying for the cheap standard room.

Henry Price is really close to the Design building and is in a similar price range.

Could anyone from either of these halls let me know what it's like?
TheBigJosh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Ethan Bennett)
I'll be studying Graphic Design at Leeds from September and am applying for accommodation. I can't choose between Henry Price and Devonshire. I haven't been on an accommodation open day so haven't seen them.

Devonshire looks like a good location for student living and has loads on offer, but I'm worried about what people think of people who go to Devonshire, even if I'll be applying for the cheap standard room.

Henry Price is really close to the Design building and is in a similar price range.

I'd pick Henry Price, it's (marginally) better IMO. Dev's rep from what I have experienced has always been poor. Though Henry Price isn't much better, I though all the rooms were pokey, glad I didn't pick there!
Ethan Bennett
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Oh right aha, well are there any with a good reputation? I've decided on Henry Price but can change it anytime, so won't hurt for a bit of further looking. Thanks for the response
LaurenSmith11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi, I'm in exactly the same situation this year, I'll be studying Graphic Design and am torn between Henry Price and Devonshire for accommodation. Which did you choose in the end and were you happy with it?
elizahughes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I'm starting this year too and was choosing between HP and Dev! Although I actually went and stayed in Leeds for a few days and saw accommodation (outside open days)

I chose HP in the end, as Dev was a nice community residence but its v different, you share a bathroom between 5 which feels like more of a wet room - I chose HP in the end because you live with more people, around 8, my friend in Dev said he found it hard to make friends in a small flat, also their kitchen was tiny and their only living space. They DO have an on site gym though and the building is very pretty; also a bar / common room. Although another thing with Dev is half is catered and half is self catered so there's a bit of a divide as they obviously have different schedules so you'll actually have access to less people than you might think. It's also meant to be one of the more run down ones, there's a big variety of rooms so it's all luck really. HP is shared but only between two people and I've heard it's the second most socialiable after James Baillie

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head but if you have any questions let me know because I spent a good few days in Leeds accommodation with friends! If you have any friends who currently go to Leeds I really recommend going to see them
niallunger
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey, I’m in exactly the same situation as well (funny that...having searched up good accommodation for GD) I’m at a total loss for ANY sort of accommodation though... seeing as u spent some time there recently, think you can help men out?

thanks so much
leonabonye
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I was at dev this year and I loved it. I was self catered and I went for ensuite room too which was pretty decent I would say. Just 15 to 20 mins walk to uni or a bus ride which is like a min walk away from dev.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads

Latest