The Student Room Group

Do people really fall in love or do they just settle for what they can get?

Ok so I'm 23 and I've never had a boyfriend. Dated a few guys, had a few sexual partners but no boyfriend.

I'm Brit Indian so I think some of the reason for this is cultural (as I think it is more normal for a brit Indian to not have had a super busy love life). But I come from a liberal family and I'm not restricted to who I date or anything.

I've never really met a guy who I properly click with. I see so many girls who have had so many boyfriends. Do people really fall in love with so many people or are people just settling for who they get? Am I being too picky?
Reply 1
It's not always about love or people think they're in love when it's merely infatuation.
Reply 2
Depends what you think of as love.

I'd say my Fiancee and I are very much in love. Perhaps her a little more than me, but that's just my personality.

Regardless, we certainly didn't just settle for eachother as 'what we could get'.

I guess some people do though. It's as much an individual question as a statistical one.
Reply 3
Well usually you fall in love with people based on sustained interaction with them so of course who you fall in love with is limited by your position in the sociosexual market.
They settle for what they get!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I certainly didn't settle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I think people really fall in love.
Reply 7
Original post by honeyandlemon

I've never really met a guy who I properly click with. I see so many girls who have had so many boyfriends. Do people really fall in love with so many people or are people just settling for who they get? Am I being too picky?

Some people fall in love, although if they have many partners they are possibly mistaking love for infatuation. Some people settle for what they can get, some have arranged marriages and learn to love their partner even if they were never "in love" with them.

I wouldn't personally describe having sex with people you don't love as too picky.
Reply 8
a bit of both i think. many people find the right person but i know various who literally settle with someone they're comfortable with. i guess you know by the fact that the ones who just settle are more likely to get divorced.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending