em.d_4
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just wondering if any year 13/ Gap Year applicants would let me read their personal statement, obviously only those which achieved interviews. My P.S this year was disastrous according to my feedback so it'd be amazing if anyone would let me read some examples of successful statements so i can work out how to improve for next year.
My head of year at school had no clue, he tried hard but simply didn't know what to do to help me.
em.d_4
Rep:
?
Or if you dont want to let someone read it (totally understandable) could you suggest what you think made yours good, any tips or extracts from your p.s that might help me to improve.
I'm not looking to copy obviously just to gather ideas as to why mine was had and what would make it good

Posted from TSR Mobile
Becca-Sarah
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would strongly advise anyone reading this NOT to send your PS to anyone, regardless of whether you've got a place or not. UCAS can and will pick up on plagiarism, and anyone currently holding an offer is still in a position to potentially need to reapply.

OP, check out the advice pages on our wiki on how to write a personal statement. There's also a vast library of personal statements from previous applicants here.
em.d_4
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becca-Sarah)
I would strongly advise anyone reading this NOT to send your PS to anyone, regardless of whether you've got a place or not. UCAS can and will pick up on plagiarism, and anyone currently holding an offer is still in a position to potentially need to reapply.

OP, check out the advice pages on our wiki on how to write a personal statement. There's also a vast library of personal statements from previous applicants here.
Thanks but id looked at those before. My ps covered those points but still got ranked decile 7 at Leeds. I'm looking for tips. I don't care if it's a statement from 5 years ago I just need to get clear examples of what unis want

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lionheartat20
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by em.d_4)
Thanks but id looked at those before. My ps covered those points but still got ranked decile 7 at Leeds. I'm looking for tips. I don't care if it's a statement from 5 years ago I just need to get clear examples of what unis want

Posted from TSR Mobile
All the tips you could possibly want are within those - with a backed up guide: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...nal_statements

What better than 100 personal statements whereby it states whether they got offers from each individual university?

If you need your personal statement reviewed, that service is offered by kind TSR members; there is a section for that too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (75)
66.96%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
18.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
14.29%

Watched Threads