anxiouslife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Is anyone doing OCR English?? (Yeats)

If so, what poem do you think will come up?!
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
lightningdoritos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anxiouslife)
Is anyone doing OCR English?? (Yeats)

If so, what poem do you think will come up?!
Hi I'm doing Yeats too, my teacher thinks it's gonna be on Easter 1916 or The Second Coming! I like Easter 1916 so it would be good if it was that one...
NiallD
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lightningdoritos)
Hi I'm doing Yeats too, my teacher thinks it's gonna be on Easter 1916 or The Second Coming! I like Easter 1916 so it would be good if it was that one...
The Second Coming came up last year so very unlikely to be that. We all thought Easter 1916 would come up last year so I'd say there's probably a good chance of that coming up
anxiouslife
Rep:
?
(Original post by NiallD)
The Second Coming came up last year so very unlikely to be that. We all thought Easter 1916 would come up last year so I'd say there's probably a good chance of that coming up
Cheers. What other poems do you think have a chance of coming up??
NiallD
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by anxiouslife)
Cheers. What other poems do you think have a chance of coming up??
I'm not actually doing the exam this year (did it last year) but last year we thought there was a good chance of poems such as September 1913, The Stolen Child and Irish Airman coming up - as well as Easter 1916 and The Second Coming. You can probably rule out The Second Coming, Broken Dreams and Wild Swans at Coole as they've all already come up - although there's still a slight possibility they could so don't completely disregard them. The poll on this website is really good: http://aterriblebeautyisborn.com/201...exam-may-2014/ - whilst it's not to say results on that will be completely accurate (although it did get it right the first year and almost got it right last year) it gives you some indication around what poem people around the country are thinking will come up, that website is also really good in general in terms of revision help for all the Yeats poems in the collection
lightningdoritos
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well good luck people Have you got any revision websites/books to recommend? I'm struggling with some of these poems...
Alleykat606
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone doing Emily Dickinson???
farhana97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If Easter 1916 is most likely to come up, what type of question do you think it would be?
Like Discuss ways in which Yeats presents a politics in Easter 1916?
How would you answer that ^?
EvasiveRose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by farhana97)
If Easter 1916 is most likely to come up, what type of question do you think it would be?
Like Discuss ways in which Yeats presents a politics in Easter 1916?
How would you answer that ^?
You could describe the language, form, etc used to show his view in regards to politics. As in the oxymoron of 'a terrible beauty is born' could show Yeats finally coming to terms with change coming through a means of revolution, even though he may have not necessarily have agreed with the violence caused
hemanghirani
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lightningdoritos)
Hey...although east 1916 is clearly the most popular one to come up i thoght they have a tendency to give the shorter poems especially in the exam cos all the ones that they have given before are 1 side compared to east 1916 which is 3 sides....anyone doing Frankenstein? any ideas for what may come up??
lightningdoritos
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hemanghirani)
Hey...although east 1916 is clearly the most popular one to come up i thoght they have a tendency to give the shorter poems especially in the exam cos all the ones that they have given before are 1 side compared to east 1916 which is 3 sides....anyone doing Frankenstein? any ideas for what may come up??
That's a good point I guess For Frankenstein it's hard to predict because there's so many themes/ideas....sigh
Cbatomakename
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Does anyone happen to be doing Edward Thomas?
Stephen_s_274
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Alleykat606)
Anyone doing Emily Dickinson???

I am! Any ideas what might come up?

Anyone else doing Emily Dickinson?
anxiouslife
Rep:
?
Anyone else doing yeats/jane Eyre??
K19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think that a religion based poem will come up for example This world is not conclusion
Luffy96
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Doing Yeats and Frankenstein. What's the best way to structure a Yeats essay? I'm hoping one of the earlier poems will come up!
anxiouslife
Rep:
?
bump
Cbatomakename
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stephen_s_274)
I am! Any ideas what might come up?

Anyone else doing Emily Dickinson?
I haven't a clue! There's only been 3 questions on Edward Thomas and that's Tears, Sun Used to Shine & March. I doubt they're gonna do those ones again but that doesn't really narrow down the choice...

WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO US????
SR159
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing Yeats as well
Does anyone have a good structure on how to answer the question?
I know you have to include AO4 context and AO2 comment on form, structure and language
But how would you set it out as in an essay?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads