LLW: A
RE: B
English:C

AS's: 3A's, B

Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Maths: A
Art: B

Basically, I underachieved at GSCE. I spent the majority of the 2 years trying to keep up with GSCE art coursework and spent an insane amount of time training for rowing and swimming.

I feel like I have completely mucked up my chances for getting into the highly competitive University courses based on my GSCE profile and my B in Art AS.

Is it stupid to apply for such courses on ucas?
For example , would it be stupid to apply for Medicine?

Would I be wasting my choices? What 'Good Universities' would accept me based on my profile?

I've done work placements for physiotherapy , and I really enjoyed them. Is my profile good enough to get accepted for physiotherapy by a 'Good University'?

A detailed response would be much appreciated,
Reply 1
Original post by 135792468
GSCE's: A*, 6A's,b,c

Maths: A*
Core Science: A
Additional Science: A
Spanish : A
Art: A
ICT: A
LLW: A
RE: B
English:C

AS's: 3A's, B

Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Maths: A
Art: B

Basically, I underachieved at GSCE. I spent the majority of the 2 years trying to keep up with GSCE art coursework and spent an insane amount of time training for rowing and swimming.

I feel like I have completely mucked up my chances for getting into the highly competitive University courses based on my GSCE profile and my B in Art AS.

Is it stupid to apply for such courses on ucas?
For example , would it be stupid to apply for Medicine?

Would I be wasting my choices? What 'Good Universities' would accept me based on my profile?

I've done work placements for physiotherapy , and I really enjoyed them. Is my profile good enough to get accepted for physiotherapy by a 'Good University'?

A detailed response would be much appreciated,

Right it's pretty simple as you said yourself your gcse's don't match most medics. But it's not the end of the world assuming you get good AS grades and apply tactically. You won't be able to be picky, you'll need to sit down go through every med school one by one and careful read up on their admissions and take not of places where gcse's wont count. You may have to gap year to apply with achieved grades as this could help cancel poor gcses.
All that said you need to retake English that and maths and science are the subjects which a lot of unis want at least A's or b's and some like Birmingham even want an A* in English.
Hope that helps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending