Do i firm Birmingham or Loughborough Watch

nayy_94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi i am in a predicament where i have recieved offers from both Birmingham and Loughborough Uni to study English Literature and History but i really don't know which one to firm because my offer from Birmingham is AAB/ABB and my Loughborough offer is ABB/BBB which seems more realistic for me though i really would rather go Birmingham. Do i be more realistic and firm Loughborough and insure a lower uni? And that way if i did get a high enough grade is there any chance i could get in to Birmingham through clearing? Or should i just be ambitious and take the risk to firm Birmingham?
101lewis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Put Birmingham as your firm if you want to go there, and Loughborough as insurance. Then apply for accommodation at both in case you miss the grades. That's what I would do. If you miss it slightly for Birmingham there is a chance they will take you anyway.
SummerSerenade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Firm the one you really want to go to. I do English Literature with Creative Writing at Birmingham and it's a lovely university, much more exciting than Loughborough which is where one of my friends went :P If you work hard enough I'm sure you'll make the grades, but if not then take heart in the fact that my Birmingham offer was AAA and I still got in even though I only got ABB
Utterly-confused
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SummerSerenade)
Firm the one you really want to go to. I do English Literature with Creative Writing at Birmingham and it's a lovely university, much more exciting than Loughborough which is where one of my friends went :P If you work hard enough I'm sure you'll make the grades, but if not then take heart in the fact that my Birmingham offer was AAA and I still got in even though I only got ABB
Are they lenient? I am scared I won't get my A in Philosophy!
SummerSerenade
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well they were lenient with me, one of my flatmates got in with a couple of grades below his offer as well (different course though). Philosophy was one of the 2 I missed an A in, only just got a B in fact so I was very lucky Don't worry about results until they actually happen though, if you've done everything you can then there's no point working yourself up about a situation that may not occur. Just firm Birmingham and make sure (unlike me) you do plenty of revision in the meantime. Good luck with Philosophy though, that is one painful subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (105)
17.65%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
27.39%
Not great so far... (212)
35.63%
I want to drop out! (115)
19.33%

Watched Threads