LLW: A
RE: B
English:C

AS's: 3A's, B

Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Maths: A
Art: B

Basically, I don't have the strongest GSCE profile. I spent the majority of the 2 years trying to keep up with GSCE art coursework and spent an insane amount of time training for rowing and swimming.

I feel like I have completely mucked up my chances for getting into the highly competitive University courses based on my GSCE profile and my B in Art AS.

Is it stupid to apply for such courses on ucas?
For example , would it be stupid to apply for Medicine?

Would I be wasting my choices? What 'Good Universities' would accept me based on my profile?

I've done work placements for physiotherapy , and I really enjoyed them. Is my profile good enough to get accepted for physiotherapy by a 'Good University'?

A detailed response would be much appreciated,
Original post by 135792468
Student room message

GSCE's: A*, 6A's,b,c

Maths: A*
Core Science: A
Additional Science: A
Spanish : A
Art: A
ICT: A
LLW: A
RE: B
English:C

AS's: 3A's, B

Chemistry: A
Biology: A
Maths: A
Art: B

Basically, I don't have the strongest GSCE profile. I spent the majority of the 2 years trying to keep up with GSCE art coursework and spent an insane amount of time training for rowing and swimming.

I feel like I have completely mucked up my chances for getting into the highly competitive University courses based on my GSCE profile and my B in Art AS.

Is it stupid to apply for such courses on ucas?
For example , would it be stupid to apply for Medicine?

Would I be wasting my choices? What 'Good Universities' would accept me based on my profile?

I've done work placements for physiotherapy , and I really enjoyed them. Is my profile good enough to get accepted for physiotherapy by a 'Good University'?

A detailed response would be much appreciated,

The thing with medicine is that they look at your application as a whole. A friend of mine has A's at GCSE and A Level, yet was rejected because she didn't seem to be much of a team player. She played a solo sport etc.

The other thing with medicine is that there isn't really 'rubbish' uni's to study it at.

I would say that if medicine is what you want - apply. If you get rejected, ask why, and then rectify this for the following year.
Reply 2
If you haven't done so already I'd pose this question on the Medicine forums.

They are always talking about "applying smart" in that different medical schools look for different sets of criteria and you are best to try and match yourself up to those med schools that look for your personal strengths.
Reply 3
From what I've seen from my friends that have applied for medicine courses, even the ones that have all A*s at GCSE and A* prediction for A2 were rejected solely because of their interview.

You have really strong grades and should definitely try out, just make sure you don't muck up your interview!

P.s I had very similar gcse grades to you and also got a B in AS art lol (other 3 were As), and although I haven't applied for medicine but computer science instead, I did get offers from all my choices (all of them being Russell group). Basically I'm trying to say you have really good grades, don't be disheartened at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending